Sunday 2 January 2011

Post No. 201 - Why are whites in Australia?

When I ask "why are whites in Australia?", I'm not asking about history - I KNOW the history (and, to be clear about it, I am on the side of the "history wars" that people like Keith Windshuttle call "the black arm band" view of history). No, when I ask that question, I am asking if there is spiritual purpose to this white occupation.

In much the same way that the Kurgans appear (to me, at any rate) to have acquired some of the native matriarchal views on reality as they invaded Europe and the British Isles on their way to becoming the Celts (see this post of mine), what changes are meant to happen to whites (and others) who have come to this land?

Are we all meant to develop a dry, laconic sense of humour? Be more laid back - as in "she'll be right, mate"? (I personally am - I was a bit too uptight and conservative in my previous life.)

Australians used to pride themselves on being hard working, inventive, battlers from the bush: we've been too urbanised for far too long to claim that now. I'm tempted to say we've turned into a pack of party animals, but I'm not so sure that's a new thing.

We too often discriminate, I know that from personal experience - and, in fact, it's ironic to hear to same sorts of scaremonering used about the latest asylum seekers that were used a couple of centuries ago about the Irish (I am descended from - amongst many others - a couple of Irish convicts: James and Patrick Geraghty, transported in 1815 for defending their mother against Briish soldiers).

Is there a way that whites are meant to learn from indigenous people, and possibly vice versa? (Well, it wouldn't hurt us whites to learn how to respect and care for the land!!!)

I have no great answers here, just questions and the start of pondering and a series of meditations. The one thing I am going to keep in mind in all this is that, according to "The Only Planet of Choice", by Phyllis V. Schlemmer, all nations and peoples (in the sense of ethnicities and cultures) on this planet have a (spiritual) purpose for existing - the Israelis, Arabs, Palestinians, Kurds and, presumably, the Australians. What is it we are meant to do spiritually that is uniquely Australian (and constructive)?

Wherever you are reading this from, what is your nation's or your people's unique spiritual purpose? What is it you can do that no-one else could have?

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: evolution, purpose, archaeology, history, Celts, perspective,

First published: Sunnudagr, 2nd January, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 2nd January, 2011