Saturday 26 February 2011

Post No. 233 - Professionalism

One thing I have posted about previously is professionalism (for instance, see here). This is a topic I know a fair bit about, as my day job is as a professional (an engineer, who is just about to be audited on her Continuing Professional Development :) ), and I have tried to have a professional attitude to whatever psychic/spiritual work I do.

I think professionalism as an attitude is something that can be sadly lacking, at times. For instance, one member of our family was once falsely diagnosed with an infection by a doctor many years ago, basically because the doctor disapproved of anything other than "standard", "normal", hetero lifestyles. (I was EXTREMELY glad when that doctor's lies were exposed, although the quack got off lightly, in my opinion, as no legal action was taken - understandably, given that the whole episode had been VERY traumatic. Mind you, should we have started a "doctor X is practising evil medicine" page on Facebook? ... Hmmm ... no, we shouldn't have :) [1] )

I think too many New Agers/psychics/pagans are naive, and ignore things such as laws about fraudulent claims in the interest of seeking verification on any grounds - verification by numbers: it's bit like fundamentalist Christians seeking converts ...

If they had a professional attitude to things like .. providing a service to others, they would make sure they AND THEIR CLIENT are properly prepared, and not take full payment for half-service. They would be honest about problems, which is something I like about Charmaine Wilson - mind you, Charmaine posted recently on Facebook (I'm not there, by the way, but my partner is) about never using protection: I consider that unprofessional and irresponsible. Charmaine is doing a lot of good work, and the good karma that creates, together with the importance of her "mission", can be enough to adequately protect her: that doesn't apply to many people, and others need to accept personal responsibility for their psychic state of being and safety when doing psychic/spiritual work ( for instance, see here and here, which are two of the 58 posts of mine which touch upon this topic to greater or lesser degree ... ).

Charmaine also mentioned in that post about the need for mediums in the world. It's interesting that, since I launched my website, I have had such little interest ... maybe it's a case of people wanting to avoid the Light? Of course, if you're disinclined to email, you could always try asking mentally for help, as one family member did during a dream - and apparently I did turn up to help. (If you do, let me know if turned up or not, and whether I was any help, please :) )

Anyway, I am now going to go and watch a DVD with my partner, using my most professional attitude towards DVD watching :)

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Notes:
[1] Mind you, I did seriously plan to write a blog post about the perfidy of this "doctor"

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: professionalism, attitudes, personal characteristics,

First published: Laugardagr, 26th February, 2011

Last edited: Saturday, 26th February, 2011