Saturday 26 February 2011

Post No. 234 - Reincarnation

Last night I found a film which deals with reincarnation: Belladonna. Eureka! I have come across an increasing number of films dealing with survival after death, but it is nice to find one which deals with reincarnation.

The special features including a bloke talking about past life regression, using the commonly accepted approach of finding where bad things have happened to the victim ("client") - my choice of words, aimed to be deliberately provocative. Now, there is definitely a need for this sort of regression for some clients, but some people would be better off using regression to take control of their lives and looking for the earlier lives where they had created the negative karma leading to the problem for which they are suffering trauma now. I've posted about this recently.

One thing I unquestionably do agree with with is that you should NOT attempt to muck around with hypnosis without professional training, nor should you take going and looking at lives where you have experienced trauma lightly, as such may result in a need professional help to deal with the issues.

(It was interesting that the regressionist made no mention of Dr Morris Netherton, who started this in, I think, the 1960s or 1970s, instead referring straight through to someone from the 1980s called Weiss as if nothing had happened before him. Maybe that was because Weiss is American and Netherton was - I think! - British ... ?)

I consider the way I was taught (in the 1980s) to do regression at ASPECTS, using impressions and commentary from your Guides/helpers/Higher Self, to be a much better way to approach this - for either form of regression. In fact, viewing something as an outside observer, rather than reliving it, is, in my opinion, more likely to lead to effective learning about the situation, rather than re-triggering the emotional/phyiscal/mental pain/anguish/distress.

I also note that the late, great Dr Ian Stevenson was critical of hypnotic regression ...

Anyhow, for those of you who have joined the Spirit Rescuers group, here is a link to an essay concerning life lessons and reincarnation. I think it is from an interview with someone by the name of Peter W. Jenkins ... (I sincerely hope it has been posted with permission!)

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: reincarnation, past lives, past life regression,

First published: Laugardagr, 26th February, 2011

Last edited: Saturday, 26th February, 2011