Saturday 17 December 2011

Post No. 348 - Reading

One of the first things I tell newly graduated engineers when they start working for me is their degree is a licence to start learning. I am also aware that too many people think a good high school result is essential to having a good quality of life. It certainly helps, and potentially makes one's path through the material world easier, but it is not essential. I recently taught a senior person at a client's company about wastewater treatment (which is my day job), and he was one of the best students I've ever had - lots of intelligent questions. The engineer I learned most from "only" had a diploma, not a degree. My birth mother attained a university degree later in life despite not completing high school - which is something my primary partner is currently doing. So it was very interesting to come across this article. I particularly like the paragraph
"... has two words for VCE students who are disappointed with their results today: ''Don't panic''. Or, in the words of the Dalai Lama: ''Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.' "

Now, on to other links.


Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")
Link
Tags: maturity, kundalini, goals, tools, energy,

First published: Laugadagr, 17th December, 2011

Last edited: Saturday, 17th December, 2011