Sunday 25 March 2012

Post No. 375 - Various

I just ran my first workshop on Talismanic Tetrahedrons yesterday - and am pleased that my customers were al very pleased.

Recently I went to our local supermarket to do some shopping (a common enough occurrence :) ), and while I was there I heard some young teenagers talking, clearly sounding each other out - from a safe distance of 30 or 40 metres! When I glanced over, one young woman was casually sashaying over, using an obviously very well rehearsed sashay, and the whole scene reminded me of my time as a teenager, when having the right "image" was considered "vital". No thought about why one should have an image rather than being oneself ... Fortunately, I was too stupid to get into all that, so just chose to be myself. It's a pity other young people don't have the courage or integrity or HONESTY to do the same.

Moving on to other matters, in a conversation recently, the term "moral indignation" turned up. Now, I believe in making assessments of right and wrong - for instance, I consider murder, theft, torture, etc wrong, and make no apology for that judgement. But I seem to share some of the dispassion about matters that I finding in the descriptions of the "northmen" in Michael Crighton's book "The Eaters of the Dead", and believe that such decisions should be reached through things like meditation. Having said that, there are things I consider outrageous, and yet, in much the same way gossip can be a evil, underhanded attack on people, I am finding that there is a version of "moral indignation" - and especially the EXPECTATION of sharing the same values - that can be as evil, or even more so, than the situation the moral indignation is claimed to be about. I won't go into more detail than that at the moment, as it relates to a currently ongoing situation, but this is a matter on which I am currently reviewing my views, just as I in the - not too distant - past revised my hardline view on criminality.

More reading


More speculations

I found this a bit surprising, in terms of who the awards went to, but it is a start that the awards have been started by someone: http://www.ethisphere.com/wme/.


Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags: about me, attitudes, confidence, health, peace, society,

First published: Sunnudagr, 25th March, 2012

Last edited: Sunday, 25th March, 2012