Friday 27 July 2012

Post No. 394 - A (minor) dream ...

I had a dream last night (no, that's not unusual :) ), part of which involved people having a party to celebrate something minor. Now, I'm not a party animal: I find the broken and leaking auras, the enforced and unwanted intimacy, the bravado, the jokes at other people's expense and so on all very ... off-putting. Anyway, I started thinking about why people party, and part of the speculation was that it may be an attempt to re-create the experience of being in the astral, which has been remembered on some level.

Being in the astral can indeed be a wonderful experience: in effect, emotional closeness is the astral's version of what we perceive as physical distance. The problem is, trying to enforce it with people who are incompatible is bound to end in disaster. There's no point being upset about it, the thing to do is to learn, and not force or coerce people to come along to a big FAKE event, but rather, have a smaller, GENUINE event.

There is also the issue of celebrating an accomplishment. Most of the time, I don't feel the need for that: if I set out to do something, simply the fact of doing it is enough (maybe that's because I believe in self actualisation, rather than self esteem ...). As a kid, I used to hate presentation of awards in sailing clubs - I was pleased when I learned enough to be reasonably successful at sailing, but the formal presentation and applause was nothing pleasant. A nod of approval from someone I respected was more significant and rewarding to me.

At least part of the dream last night was me being a professional dinghy sailor (yes, people do get paid to sail some boats, but they're big yachts, not off-the-beach dinghies): I think that was possibly a message about finding a way to earn my income from something I love, rather than something I endure. Good - a message of hope.

On that, I'm currently not doing of my artificing (carving a wand, staff and walking stick), as I don't want any of my "down" energy to get into what I am making. That reminds me, I've been doing some thinking about the energy that gets put into buildings by construction workers. We've got a couple of skyscrapers being built near where I work, and - when walking past one of these sites - the energy can be extremely unpleasant at times. It's the same with building a house - or anything, really. After 30 years experience in engineering, I know that there will be arguments and disagreements, and some extremely sour people along the way. All that energy gets put into the building, and then will affect people who move in.

Doing something yourself - literally, personally, physically yourself, I mean: not hiring something to do something you think of - or even, at the very least, cleaning the house/building, will help to dissipate the energy. The problem is, several hundred hours of work will have gone into making that place: no matter that your efforts will be better directed and focused, you will still need to make some very concentrated effort over quite some time in order to flush out the builders energies, and leave the place as truly, energetically, your own.

(This does tend to happen automatically after time; after half a century or so, there would be very little of the original builder left, but there will be the energy opf previous residents.)

The other point to contemplate about this is different levels of energy & sensitivity. I find a lot of people (and cats) like the energy where I am living - to them, it is high energy, but for me, it is often a lower level of energy than I want or am comfortable with. I am use to a lot of energy, and what I find merely comfortable, others may find overwhelming.

Now, a builder's labourer is quite possibly focused on very physical things, and may have little psychic sensitivity (especially if she/he/ze drinks a lot - and no, not all builder's labourers are male), so may be quite genuinely unaware of what they're doing - and is likely to be too indifferent to future residents (they just want to get to the next drunken booze up, more likely) to be dragging energy down deliberately. Nevertheless, the damage they are doing is real. It's like accidentally dropping an object from a high place which then hits and injures (or even kills) someone: it wasn't intended, but it caused some very real harm.

On that (accidents), I've had more crazy incidents happening on the roads (ninja [no lights] cyclists wandering across roads at night, pedestrians dressed in black standing in the middle of the road at night, etc, etc, etc). I can make allowances for people not being aware (they should be!!!), etc, but I've recently started to wonder ... is any of this just simple stupidity?


Basic/Underlying Concepts for this Post:
  •  we have a non-physical, which can survive death and then reincarnate; 
  • in-between incarnations, we exist in the astral (generally!), which is a world of emotions that responds to emotions and thoughts and dircted will, in which the perception of distance is related to harmony of basic frequency, rather than what we describe as physical distance; 
  • our dreams, which often originate from the astral, can be messages (albeit distorted by the shock of returning to the physical) or insights into our state of being, and we can improve that state of being (including improving ourselves); 
  • energy from people affects things they handle, particularly things they handle with intent - such as when they make things; 
  • that energy can affect others, for better or worse; 
  • a lot of things are relative, including energy states (what one person considers good, another doesn't).
OK, time for a few reading links.
And now, a whole host of offerings I have collected from The Age. Please remember I don't necessarily agree with the articles I post - some are to stimulate thought ... YOUR thought :)

Oh, and if you read - whether here or elsewhere - something you don't like or are perhaps upset about, what are you going to do about it?
  • EXACTLY the SAME comments about presumptions and slurs on reputations applies to members of the public - who do not have the massive powers that police do - who are subjected to drug/alcohol checks by these police officers. You're aren't above the law you administer, and your VASTLY greater power require correspondingly greater checks! "Random drug tests a slur on officers: union", 27th June, 2012: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/random-drug-tests-a-slur-on-officers-union-20120627-211eq.html;
  • My experience as a child who was bullied is why I consider telling the bully how I feel to be an absoute catastrophe, and exactly the WRONG thing to do. This article backs me up, but I'll think about the suggestion with "evil" kids for a while ... one of the problems is that I know my limits, and others also have limits:" it is just as well to say not to disengage, but who has the support to do so? " 'Evil' children not lost cause for caring parents", 21st July, 2012: http://www.theage.com.au/national/evil-children-not-lost-cause-for-caring-parents-20120720-22fm0.html;

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr, Grumpy Crone

(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear") 
My "blogiography" is here
May the world of commerce & business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people. 
A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others. 
The International Labour Organisation's definition of "full employment" is wrong, useless and misleading. 
Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." on one side, and perspicacity on the other. 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW

Tags: astral, attitudes, change, discrimination, dreams, growth, Kulin, rituals, society, violence,

First published: Frysdagr, 27th July, 2012

Last edited: Friday, 27th July, 2012