Sunday 23 September 2012

Post No. 404 - Coming: guest post on "The Only Prejudice Should Be Against Prejudice"

Yes folks, that's right, I'm going to try something that I've seen on other blogs, and have a guest do a post on the topic "The Only Prejudice Should Be Against Prejudice". More on that at a future date :) More than two years later this post hasn't come, despite a few gentle reminders, so, my apologies, and it looks like it won't be coming. I may write something myself at some stage.

Now, as I've mentioned a few times, I'm currently working my way through the Jim Butcher [1] "Dresden Files" [1] series, and am currently reading "Changes" [1]. I won't spoil the plot (although I know that can be looked up on Wikipedia), but the series is taking a direction that may not grab my interest ... still, I haven't finished the book yet. One thing that has come out of this book, however, that is very useful, is the concept that to do magic one doesn't need physical objects -they're just to help focus the mind. That is true (as is the calculations about energy that wizards, male and female, do in the books, if - in my opinion - you're going to be serious about magickal practice [2] ),and I've realised I've day dreamed enough about the place I want to build to start working on healing the Earth that it exists as an astral thought form. So, I've made a couple of minor modifications, and started doing exactly that. My partner and I do a lot of work in our sleep state - it's one way of overcoming the imperfections of this planet, in that one (or most of us, at any rate) has to have a day job to survive, and thus can't spend all one's time working on psychic or spiritual matters. Last night, or, actually, in the second half of last night's sleep, as I was awake for a while during the night, I started my sleep by going to this modified place (I love the trees there! That has always been a major part of my daydream, having big, old trees) and beginning my sleep work with a ritual there. As a result, I feel more rested, and have been assured by my BPF [3] Guides [1] that I accomplished more than I normally would.

On that, another matter I've been reminded of is that, sometimes it is not necessary to DO in order to have a constructive effect on reality. If you have resolved your personal problems, and worked on your energetic strength, and maybe know how to do psychic flaming, then simply existing is enough for your aura to be a source of positive energy that is uplifting to the world.

Of course, the way the world is in this Age of Kali, you'll possibly be asked to do stuff, but you can also have a constructive, uplifting effect by being a GENUINELY peaceful, positive energy, BPF person.

Worth a thought or two :)

And finally, this is near enough so I'll end with "Happy Birthday Dad" - he's well into his 80's now, and doing well in his home up north :) 

[1] Please see my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia.

[2] There is a foolish - in my view - notion that one good thought or deed will outweigh thousands of bad thoughts or deeds. In my opinion, it is more a case of one for one, but we can AND DO get help from entities that we don't perceive, such as BPF Guides [3], Patron Deities, etc, and that is where the APPARENT discrepancy between our effort and results of our efforts comes about ... Trouble is, it goes the other way as well, and there ARE negative influences in existence which also want to "help" anything we think about or wish for when we are in a negative frame of mind. So, if one is working towards achieving something by magick, one should, in my view, OBJECTIVELY compare efforts and results, and, if the results haven't been manifested by your efforts despite there being no karmic or other block (see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here on the karmic blocks, and consider that there may be lessons for people on the "other" block that you either cannot comprehend - don't be arrogant and assume you can always understand everything at your current level of evolution! - or cannot know because of the risk of stuffing up the learning, see here, for instance), then you need to think about how to either become strong enough to achieve the results yourself (or persistent enough), how to get help from others that is capable of achieving what you want to achieve, or a combination of both approaches.

[3] BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")
My "blogiography" is here. I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ...
May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
The International Labour Organisation's definition of "full employment" is wrong, useless and misleading.
Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." on one side, and perspicacity on the other.
Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master. 
The only prejudice should be against prejudice. 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

 Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW

Tags:about me, astral travel, aura, dreams, magic, magical devices, purpose,

First published: Sunnudgar, 23rd September, 2012

Last edited: Sunday, 23rd September, 2012