Monday 28 January 2013

Post No. 428 - MZB's Heartlight, and BP(S)F vs NUI

I've been reading Marion Zimmer Bradley's [1] "Heartlight", and it's exactly the right thing for me just now. It's the story of an "Adept", Colin MacLaren (there were apparently three preceding books), and part of his life's work, which is largely the stereotypical struggle between "Light" and "Dark".

I'll discuss these terms shortly, but part of the backstory includes the struggle against the evil of Hitler's Nazi's in the Second World War (no debate about my use of the word evil there, as far as I am concerned), and is along the lines of the work outlined in Dion Fortune's book "The Magical Battle of Britain" (my copy pub. Skylight Press, 2012, ISBN 978-1-908011-45-9), which I reviewed here.

There are some interesting descriptions (so far) about responding to calls of spirit, Adepts or Initiates (whichever term you prefer) finding someone to pass their teachings on to (obviously this is, to some extent, pre-Internet and maybe even re-printing Press, but there is a lot which cannot be revealed irresponsibly, and thus cannot be published; in wiser pathways, such teachings are passed on to more than one, in case something happens to one and the teachings then have to be rediscovered directly from Spirit; I've yet to find an apprentice ... ), working alone and answering directions and calls from spirit, etc. The book has just started to add in physical action, so I'll see how it survives this change.

Now, going back to the terms "Light" and "Dark". "Light" is often used in the context of "more spiritual", as such involves higher energy states and brighter colours; "dark", on the other hand, is used to denote, for instance, the murkier auric colours of less evolved people. The terms can be problematic, as I've written elsewhere, and thus, rather than "Light", I try to use the term BPF, which I've written about here (generically) and here (more specifically).

It's an acronym which no-one else uses (as far as I'm aware), so it's an uphill battle using it, and sometimes it gets to be just easier to say "Light". Still, I'll persevere ...

Now, one thing about this that I haven't considered yet is, what is the acronym for the "opposite"? What is my equivalent of "KAOS", opposed to the forces of CONTROL (from the 1960s US TV show "Get Smart")?

Gotta love the humour of the 60s ... which is when MZB"s "Heartlight" commences, actually.

So, the opposite of BPF? Well, I could try:
  • opposite of "Balanced" is "Unbalanced"; 
  • opposite of "Positive" is "Negative"; 
  • the opposite of "spiritual" (it's there, but in brackets!) would logically be "materialistic", but that actually can be interpreted in a wide range of ways, so I'll use what I've found to be one of the major issues of this time: the struggle against Immature expressions/manifestation of concepts.
Put that together, and the acronym is ... UNI.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......

Uni's can be less than ideal, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're "evil" - well, no more than anywhere else, anyway :)

OK, so let's rearrange that, and try ... NUI.

That's a bit clumsy grammatically, but it does have the advantage of seeming to be a shorthand for "ennui", and the inability of people to manage boredom is another great shortcoming of this Age.

Alright, I'll try that: BPF vs. NUI.



 ... don't be surprise if I change my mind on this :)

[1] BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. 

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")
My "blogiography" is here. I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ...
May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
The International Labour Organisation's definition of "full employment" is wrong, useless and misleading.
Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." on one side, and perspicacity on the other.
Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master. Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living.
The only prejudice should be against prejudice. 
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger [people]." JOHN F. KENNEDY 
One size does NOT fit all ... and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater as a result of knowing a little ... 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW

Tags: Adept, evolution, Initiate, Mage, personal characteristics, personal responsibility, purpose, Sage, spirituality, terminology,

First published: Manadagr, 28th January, 2013

Last edited: Monday, 28th January, 2013