Some time ago, I reviewed Dion Fortune's book "The Magical Battle of Britain". I'm now rereading that, and it is prompting some thought, which has crystallised a little after a dream last night.
First, let me "define" a few terms/concepts:
- much as we are more than just a physical, we are also more than consciousness: we also have our unconscious (or subconscious, if you prefer: I understand shrinks also talk about preconscious), which I consider is likely to be those parts of our self that are our parallels or soul parts, our Higher Self, and so on and so forth ;
- there is a concept that we are all one: this is actually fairly complex, as we are also - at this level - also all truly individual and unique, but we share a string of connections to Higher Selves and ultimately to the Goddess: one of the ways that connectedness is realised on our level of reality is through what Jung refers to as "the collective unconscious"; another is through the mind and soul of various groups we are members of (see here  );
- the group soul, which could arguably be considered to be akin to the unconscious of a group, and is more difficult to change;
- group mind, which is more changeable, and equates more to the social mood of a group;
- we can have an effect through non-physical means - i.e., through psychic means, which can be either beneficial or harmful (and I chose to interpret those terms as the BPF  do, in a spiritually mature manner).
Where I got to last night, Dion Fortune was discussing the effects of loss of morale in those nations invaded by Germany, and describes how it was determined that this was due to harmful psychic influences. It all brought to mind the evils of John Howard  playing up the fears of Australians, particularly around asylum seekers/refuges, in the 90s. that evil is something I am still working against, physically (letters to politicians, mostly) and non-physically - using techniques a little similar, in principle to What Dion Fortune and her group were doing (and see also here, and here).
Then we come to last night's dream, which was of working on the foundations of a massive building. As an engineer, I know that the foundations of a building can take as much effort as what is above the ground, and that's the sense I had. It explains (again, I'll admit) that I'm acting partly (our life's purpose is a manifold thing) to help do the behind-the-scenes changes that will lead to a better world down the track. (It also explains that I'm also helping to bring ideas from the astral into the physical, which can take a certain amount of effort to overcome the resistance of those who don't want change - and the masters of those people, in some cases . I've had half a dozen potentially patentable ideas, and have had to watch as others did patent them in a couple of cases. My frustration at that led me to "give up" and create a blog where I could post my ideas, but I don't have the time to keep up with what keeps coming through :) )
So ... what am I going to do now?
Well, I'm going to continue with all the other goals, such as writing ideas and concepts that I know others - possibly with more time and resources than I - are also working on, with my teaching and healing, with my personal development ... and I'm going to modify what I loosely call "my meditation work" to include projecting images to various group minds.
Now, when I started working with psychic matters, as a teenager back in the 70s (Goddess - I was a teenager last century!), I didn't know about visualisation, so I used to just will peace, love and joy to the world, as I did Lobsang Rampa's alternate nostril breathing exercises. It was actually great practice for me at developing the use of my will, but I was very relieved to find out how to use visualisation - it made what I was trying to do much easier. In exactly the same way, finding out how Dion Fortune's group used visualisation has given me a direction on how to improve work on changing group minds: use symbols.
Of course, I'm a pagan, not a Christian, as Dion Fortune effectively was, so I'm going to use the technique I am most familiar and comfortable with: runes - specifically, bind runes. I will create a bind rune for each purpose, then after I've done my colour breathing etc, I'll combine part of my breathing work with projecting these images to the various group minds I can work with.
In case any others would like to be part of this work (invoking Yesod can help, if you know how to work with the Qabbalah), I'll post the designs as I complete them on this post. They might even be part of the next batch of tattoos I get ... if I can work out where I'm going to fit them :)
To the group mind of all humanity:
self reliance (which is a marvellous source of growth and personal development, apart from being a brilliant manifestation of true spirituality), responsibility (which is also a nice practical and real application of spirituality - especially around the lessons of agape, compassion, which I decided not to include as so many others are focused on them ... albeit possibly in an immature way ... ) and maturity (my first design for this project, which has been subsequently revised; peace was also a strong contender ... see here, for instance)
perspicacity, self discipline (too much focusing on partying and being drunk here - see this post, for instance) and welcoming (which is to overcome our xenophobia and racism, although anything which would counter the fear that Howard engendered would be useful; see also here)
spirituality, slowing (I think cities are too crowded for wellbeing, and the pace of our life is, in general excessive - see, for instance, here, and here, here) and civility (which is partly inspired by the problems I encounter when travelling on the roads, especially at this time of the year - see, for instance, here)
PS - I stopped reading Dion Fortune's book when she started rabbiting on about how the struggle was between nice Christianity and nasty paganism. What utter rubbish.
PPS - my next Group Mind and bindrune project is about the Australian Parliaments, based on the use of the following - more to come :)
 This also could lead into another topic we were discussing in the development group I am a sitter in: projections from people who are incarnate, such as perhaps former family members who have subsequently reincarnated yet still come back to greet former family members who pass over. How?
Confused? Let me explain :)
Let's say person A dies in 1985, and is reincarnated in 1995. In 2010, person B, who was related to A in A's former incarnation that ended in 1985, dies. Person A can still appear to Person B in the image they had when they were Person A. This can occur as:
- the astral is very malleable, and basically follows our thought, so people tend to appear as they wish to (or, if they forget to think of clothes, without clothes - and hence the uncomfortable dreams some have when they forget to think of being clothed while in the astral :) Others aren't bothered by such trivialities). Thus, the astral of Person separates -or, more accurately, likely, part of the astral of Person A separates - from where Person A's physical body is, perhaps at the request of a BPF Guide, and travels to where Person B is dying. Thinking of the life in which Person A knew person B, Person A will resume the image by which Person B knew them.
- this is termed bilocation, and can be done consciously (it is a part of the Wiccan training I had, which began with "exteriorisation of the chakras"). Ever feel distracted, or wonder what happens when you're day dreaming? One answer is (that it could be) bilocation (there are other possibilities). This is something that grounding, or more properly, centering and grounding, aims to get under control when it is not deliberate - which is often known by the term "doppelganger", although that may also involve a degree of manifestation .
 Look up the topic "control" on this blog - for instance, here, here and here. And maybe here, and here, here, here, here, here, and here, which are all relevant to this post anyway.
 BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.
 Please see my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").
Love, light, hugs and blessings
My "blogiography" is here.
I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, and here & here for my "pagans for peace" project.
- May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
- A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
- Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master.
- Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." and what Bruce Schneier  calls "security theatre" on one side, and perspicacity and the understanding that the means shape the end on the other.
- The means shape the end.
- Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE
Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN
We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY
Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW
Tags: about me, attitudes, connectedness, control, Dion Fortune, Group Mind, Higher Self, Jung, levels, parallels, planes of existence, psychic work, runes, society, Soul, soul parts, subconscious, unconscious, visualisation,
First published: Fryrsdagr, 29th March, 2013
Last edited: Saturday 20th April, 2013 (added PS and all sigils, tweaked signature block plus link to nshrine shrines; added next project)