Sunday 3 March 2013

Post No. 438 - A late Lammas

Well, officially Lammas was a few weeks ago: the reality here at our home is that, because I planted later last year than I should, we've only just started getting our first annual harvest from our garden (a couple of cobs of smaller than normal corn - I find corn one of the easiest crops to grow .. but here in the city, doing it as a hobby, I have a few advantages that farmers don't necessarily have - such as access to plenty of water). When I get the time, I have some mint and an olive tree that we bought recently to re-pot, but time has been at a premium, of late, and still will be today and until next weekend ...

Here's a few reading links for your consideration:
PS - if you don't understand why I am writing about Lammas now, you need to read up on the Southern Hemisphere [2] and broaden your perspective on life and understanding of reality.

PS - our bulbs, mint and rosemary are in flower, and we have 7 sunflowers greeting us and the sun each day ... the sycamores I'm growing in pots (mostly as presents) from seeds I harvested are doing well: it's a good time in our garden just now.

[1] BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. 

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

My "blogiography" is here.  

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ...  
  • May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
  • Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master. 
  • Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." and what Bruce Schneier [2] calls "security theatre" on one side, and perspicacity and the understanding that the means shape the end on the other.
  • Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living.
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger [people]. JOHN F. KENNEDY 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.


True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW


Tags: about me, seasons, nature,

First published: Sunnudagr, 24th February, 2013

Last edited: Sunday 24th February, 2013