Friday 28 March 2014

Post No. 536 - New sayings

I’ve come across a couple of sayings related to communication that I quite like, and will add them to the full list of quotations on the side pages of this blog. They are (and it was good to find the source of one of these quotes, one that I have used a few times):
We have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen more than we say. ZENO OF CITIUM
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. STEPHEN R. COVEY

In addition, I’ve formulated the frustration I often feel  when people make assumptions such as that all people would share the likes, dislikes and preferences of the people they mix with:
Our entire life experience, with all the many wondrous and varied people, places and events in it, is too small a sample for statistical reliability about Life.