Thursday 5 February 2015

Post No. 654: This Blog as a Course - Lesson One

One of the things I present in my blogiography is a set of suggestions on how to approach this blog as a course - that is, how to work through this chaotic hodge podge of material in such a way that some organised benefit may come from it. The first such lesson is aimed at improving the ability to think clearly. There are obvious advantages to this - not being taken for a ride by being too gullible,  being less likely to be brow beaten by sceptics, and becoming a more mature person - a spiritual adult.

There are also advantages in terms of starting to get to know oneself better, and being more alert and aware, which is crucial for developing one's psychism, if one wishes to, as well as enabling more effective spirituality.

This comes with a price, however: you may find yourself thinking so deeply that it is hard to e certain about anything any more.

Here are the notes from my blog on this. The key is actually another source entirely, not my work at all.

Lesson One – Clear and Independent Thought
I have mentioned several times on this blog the importance of “keeping your thinking cap on”, which is a saying that basically means take personal responsibility for what you believe and think - don’t adopt something simply because someone you know or respect (e.g. parents, someone famous [which counts me out - phew!], or someone with experience) advocates for something. 
There are a couple of steps along the path to achieving this that I wish to mention in particular: firstly, clear thinking, and secondly, the adage “know thyself”. 
“Know thyself” will be addressed in a later “lesson”, but in terms of clear thinking, I recommend: getting the free on-line resource “Clear and Present Thinking”, by Brendan Myers, from http://www.brendanmyers.net/wickedrabbit/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50:cpthinking&catid=19:aboutbooks&Itemid=8 (which I have mentioned previously, in Posts No. 523 and 486)
As you work through Mr Myer’s excellent publication, keep in mind that my “reality map” is based largely on:
·         the concept of levels of existence, most of which are NOT physical,
·         the concept of spiritual evolution,
·         the observations of karma,
·         my observations of psychic effects,
·         my experience of receiving help from physical and non-physical sources; and
·         the concept - which I am working at developing - that I term “Balanced Positivity”.
That reality map is not inherently more correct, right or better than any other reality map, but it has worked phenomenally well for me. 
It is also important to keep in mind that my background is middle class, Western, and white (giving me loads of unearned privilege - although my reading, personal growth work [particularly in the 80s] and work travels have leavened my awareness), and trans* lesbian Pagan (giving me loads of unearned discrimination and an enhanced awareness of society’s underbelly)
As you consider what it may be, what are the personal, cultural, etc background influences acting on your reality map?

[1] BPLF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Light Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr, Wéofodthegn
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... ) 
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.
I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me at 9 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible.