Tuesday 1 March 2016

Post No. 829 - the crime of accepting too much rubbish

I actually used a much stronger term when I thought of this post, but I still don't have the age filter on, so "rubbish" will do.

As an example of what I am talking about, consider this blog. It is possible to earn money from this, by allowing ads to be posted on it. Now, there's a few fundamental problems with that, such as whether one wants to annoy readers, and that the amathiacs who set those things up probably think advertising neochristianity would be acceptable on this blog because it is "spiritual" (which view would emphasise the amathia, as far as I am concerned), but the killer for me is:
I am expected to know the contact details of every single person who looks at my blog, so that I can personally make sure that every single person who clicks on an ad is genuinely considering a purchase when they click.
It's utterly absurd (there MUST be a legal case against this on the grounds of unreasonable conditions) - I know how many people visit from a nation, and that's about it. I don't know ANY contact details of people visiting - unless they email me. I know Dylan Winter at Keep Turning Left got into trouble on this issue (he has posted somewhere about it), and wound up losing a substantial amount of his family's income. In my case, as I cannot agree to a condition that I cannot fulfil, I have never signed up for the ads (and there are the other two concerns as well, but this is the main one). If I could be bothered, I'd make a complaint to the Consumer Affairs Department - and if I had a sensible way of contacting Blogger on this issue, I'd ask them outright for their advice as to how I should comply with this condition.

Before anyone cuts in with the obvious, yes, I am fully aware that this is probably intended as a tool to give Blogger, shall we say, "management options".

That does NOT make it right, or EVEN ACCEPTABLE!

How do you think this would have gone if no-one took uup the advertising option because they didn't know how they could comply with that condition?

I'd hazard a guess that a more sensible, fair and realistic condition would have been adopted. 

Recently on facebook there have been fusses about being able to use the name by which one is best known, rather than one's legal name. Well,
every
single
one
of those people who got into trouble signed up using their non-legal name - making, incidentally, as far as I am concerned, their word on anything utterly meaningless from now on.

How would it have been if more people objected to facebook doing that, and gathering all sorts of information they have NO right to? 

Again, if enough people had declined or fussed over that condition, it would have been changed at an early stage. Enough early objectors would have prevented quite a few of the other problems that facebook is associated with as well.

However, facebook didn't have to worry about anything, because there were so many people who were desperate to "be part of the latest fad", or who had a "fear of missing out" (FOMO), or just didn't care about ethics.

I'm sadly part of something similar, with a real estate agent asking for information that he has no right to nor need of (and has possibly verged close to deceptive conduct, in my view), but we need somewhere to live so have to bloody go along with the **** or live on the streets (I'll be writing a letter to my local MPs about this in the not too distant future) - and I ****ing loathe myself for it, for sacrificing the principle of doing WHAT IS RIGHT.

Every single one of the amathiacs I have mentioned above - including myself - is ACTIVELY, directly, CONTRIBUTING energy to
every
single
unethical problem

in the world - from cheating politicians thought those who cheat on their taxes and those who steal from work to political fraud, deception and embezzlement - and every instance of doing something for hidden motives.

We need more people to make some sort of effort to be prepared to go without if the conditions of having something are spiritually or ethically unacceptable (and I include the environment in that, as I look at ridiculously over sized houses which would have been better trading some of that size and flashiness for more substantial (possibly non-flammable) walls.

While I'm having this whinge, I also consider people rush into complicating their loves too much with social engagements - but if they didn't do so, I suppose they'd have to fill up some of the empty spaces with things like thinking, and that would be too terrible to contemplate.



[1] BPM = Balanced Positive (spiritually) Mature. See here and here for more on this.
[2]
Please see here, here, here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").
[3] I apologise for the formatting: it seems Blogger is no longer as WYSIWYG as it used to be, and there are a lot of unwanted changes to layout made upon publishing, so I often have to edit it immediately after publishing to get the format as close to what I want as possible.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr, Pagan Energy Worker, Wéofodthegn, Untermensch: RENTER
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible.

The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • If your “gut” (your instinct/intuition) is telling you something is wrong, but logic and the available evidence is saying otherwise, the proper conclusion to draw is that you need better, more personally credible evidence. Your “gut” could be wrong, right, or missing the nuances / “shades of grey” . So could the available evidence.
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: about me, ethics, honour, Mӕgan, personal responsibility, stupidity, 
First published: Tysdagr, 1st March, 2016

Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Sunday, 10th March, 2024 - removed ableist slurs, added current end notes with copyright etc, toned down formatting, added a typo


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk & accept that all insistence on the use of “trans” as a descriptor comes with commensurate use of “cis” as a descriptor to prevent “othering” (just as binary gendered [men’s and women’s] sporting teams are either both given the gender descriptor, or neither).

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/