Tuesday 21 June 2016

Post No. 884 - Humans as Balance Pumps

I've read opinions that the human species is meant to be the nervous system of Planet Earth - a guiding system to help manage and improve the world for ALL life. That's not bad, but, when I combine that thought with:
(a) my practice of combining visualisations of bringing energy "down" from higher realms with bringing energy "up" from the earth (I find - personally -that this creates a ball of - peacefully - active energy in my centre, which I can use for things like the breathing exercises I first came cross in the book "Science of Breath" by William Walker Atkinson aka Yogi Ramacharaka (pub.1904 - free copy available on the Sacred Texts website) and later developed by Lobsang Rampa, and
(b) my view of trees as pumps of clear light (e.g., see here - and also here, here, here and here, for more of my thoughts on trees generally),
I realised a better way of thinking of humans may be as energetic pumps - but, when operating correctly, Pumps of Balance - balance between the worlds of Matter and Spirit, which is required for the effective and appropriate exercise of conscience, and the blend of physical skills and experience with spiritual insight and guidance.

This is one of those thoughts which needs a book to explore properly, but, sadly, I doubt I will ever have time to do that, so I can help bring this thought through into clear existence in this realm (as others may well have done or be doing or yet do - independently of me), and hope someone, some day, does exactly that ... maybe they will even mention me and the others who helped this thought come through.

No signature block for this post - still too actively grieving Luna.

PS - if I was to jot down notes about a book on this, they might look something like this: 


1st chapter: nature of reality – old (neochristian) view that humans are here to dominate etc which creates a disconnect by seeing us as really part of some other come to this place for  purpose
2nd chapter: enjoyment of Nature – which, while tremendous and enjoyable, misses the point that we do have an impact –and always have. Humans have wiped out species and changed environments before (e.g., creation of Norfolk Broads, changing forests in Australia, dodo, etc)
3rd chapter: purpose of existence – explore ideas of spiritual evolution, being all that one can be, etc, lead up to balanced positivity- which is being all that one can be and helping others to do likewise
4th chapter: combine together: previous chapters insufficient on their own, when combine together, get idea that we are custodians with a responsibility for making the planet better for all – not just ourselves