Sunday 17 July 2016

Post No. 905 - Reading


These links are, in part, to pass on useful or potentially useful information to help others learn and grow and develop, as I have been helped by others doing the same for me. If nothing else, some of these at least might stimulate some useful thought – and disagreeing intelligently with something can sometimes be a useful exercise. (Also, these are links I would like any future incarnations of me to come across and read :) )
Every one of the ‘bad news’ stories which I may have provided links for is an opportunity – but, furthermore, so are many of the ‘good’ news stories, which often requires nonBPLF units to be cleared to prevent blocking of improvements, to help those who are busting their guts and becoming exhausted trying to make good things happen, and to provide some much needed BPLF healing, energy, inspiration and encouragement.
Also, keep in mind that reading these stories may well stimulate links you personally have to similar units (energies, links, etc). Immediately, that gives you a chance to improve both yourself and the world by dealing constructively with any nonBPLF units through good shadow work, and by strengthening any BPLF units.
I now lump these links into three broad categories:
  • Links on spiritual/metaphysical/psychic/Pagan matters;
  • Some other links I consider relevant to consideration of spiritual/moral/ethical and related matters;
  • Links on other matters.
As you read these, I wish you good hunting, good working, and the odd bit of fun :) , so let’s begin.
G'day, hello, howdy, hi, zdravstvujtye (some of my work colleagues are Russian), guten tag (where I have connection owing to a recent past life), sveiki, czesc (I have friends, not just colleagues, at work who are Polish), bonjour (colleagues at a former workplace were French, and we practised and tried to extend my woeful and limited range of this language), selamat pagi (one of the best junior engineers I ever worked with was Malaysian, and she taught me a few words), annyeonghaseyo, pryvit, bitaem, como vai (a friend of mine a few years ago, although not Brazilian, had Portuguese ancestry), ¡Hola (a former work colleague and friend, a VERY talented artist - with a Mexican sensibility to her artwork, particularly around the Day of the Dead - used to teach me Mexican Spanish), Selamat pagi, ni hao (ah, my work trips to Asia, and the many wonderful, wonderful people I have met there - and some excellent work colleagues and friends here, as well), bongiorno (my current home city of Melbourne has lots of Italians, who have made our culture far richer - and made us coffee snobs :) ), hoschakal, hejsan, ciao, jo napolt kivanu, chào bà, chào ông, yiassou (from the city which has, I understand, the largest collection of Greek people outside of Greece), ceau, salam wa aleikum, sawas dee ka, dia duit, hoi, hei, namaste, marhaba, dobry den, hej, konnichiwa, kihineh, hæ.
WARNING: some of these links may contain triggers around issues such as violence, sexual assault, discrimination.
Links on spiritual/metaphysical/psychic/Pagan matters:
  • a history of the pentagram (note: I disagree with the current attributions used);
  • more on the problems on Wikipedia here, from the “Skeptical about Skeptics” website (which has quite a few posts worth reading and thinking about – don’t just automatically agree or disagree, think objectively, and critically – not “pseudo-sceptically”; also see here), which has links to here, a very informed and credibly presented defence of homeopathy, and here, the latest post at a website on concerns about Wikipedia’s current approach,
  • a critique of a film about a haunting from one of the people at the real life events the film was “based on”;
  • a speculation on the value of being psychic in emergency situations (apologies if I have posted that before);
  • on passion;
  • on polytheism;
  • I tend towards the “personal is political” view, but this has an excellent counter-balance to that;
  • the problems and benefits of “purity”;
  • polytheistic Deities are not jealous, thank the Goddesses and Gods;
  • eco-shrines and local focus;
  • “voices of TERF transphobic hate deserve the same treatment that those of the KKK and white supremacists get”;
  • “death cafes”;
  • the importance of knowing how one reacts, and balancing all things;
  • the need to look after oneself from time to time;
  • "Authenticity doesn't have to be vicious”;
  • choices;
  • How “Gods Before Politics” Perpetuates Privilege”, which contains a few interesting quotes (and many good thoughts), such as Gandhi’s quote “Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is” (which suggests to me a need to call out / challenge neochristian influences), and “When I observe someone saying ‘This is not a political space’ what I hear is ‘I have never had to think about whether or not my sort of person is welcome to show up' ”;   what happens when one refuses to learn karmic lessons;   an interview about Ifá, which has the best explanation of Orisha (better than the Wikipedia link!) that I’ve come across;
From the Correllian YouTube channel:   feeling guilty at being successful with magick (the “cure” has a focus on shadow work);   the use of conscious astral travel as preparation for dying – including deliberately practising one’s “death walk” (apparently from the “Living the Wiccan Way” book – there is also a series of programmes);   working with warnings from energy states;   the variety of meanings of symbols;   flexibility in use of music, and the impacts of bells / sound;

From Victor Zammit’s weekly email newsletters:   An excerpt of Bruce Greyson, MD, PhD, from the panel discussion "Beyond the Brain: The Experiential Implications of Neurotheology", speaking about how the brain does not equal the mind, and how near death experiences can contribute to knowledge about the mind-body connection” (from this newsletter, if the link doesn’t work);   “There are many reports of people in a crisis saying that they were helped by a loved one in spirit. In this case a young girl trapped in a perilous fire prays to her Maori grandfather for help. She and her rescuer are overcome with a strange peace” (from this newsletter, if the link doesn’t work);   a great new resources website;
Links on society generally and other matters:
  • a critique of artificial intelligence which doubts it will take over the world;
  • an excellent article on the “let them eat cake” type arrogance of those who presume everyone can travel – or buy expensive homes / cars /etc;
  • perceptions and misperceptions: those who are poor who pass as middle class;  

Love, light, hugs and blessings
I am revamping my former website, and getting at least one other underway (pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here. The reasons for my caution when using Wikipedia are here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: activism, discrimination, emotions, fear, hauntings, pentagram, psychism, reading, scepticism, society, technology,
First published: Sunnudagr, 17th July, 2016
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Sunday, 17th July, 2016