Thursday 8 May 2008

Post No. 040 - Mediumship - part two


Life has intervened since I started my series of posts on mediumship: an 8 year relationship has ended, a new one has begun, I'm moving homes, I had the first birthday of my recently deceased (adoptive) mother, and the workload at my day job has been so severe that I'm considering changing jobs (again).

The move has been "interesting", and has shown the appalling ignorance and complete, utter and absolute lack of spirituality or consideration of some people in service companies (which may yet be the subject of legal action :) ). But that's a topic for another post - or another blog, even.

I'll return to mediumship. My last post on this, at http://gnwmythr.blogspot.com/2008/03/know-thyself-be-thyself-and-occlumency.html, warned of the dangers, and the need for self-discipline. I'm now going to give you a few exercises to start developing your mediumship.

The first exercise is quite formal.
1. establish AND CHECK protection
2. when you feel protected, ask your guides to take turns at coming closer to you, coming partially into your aura.
3. note the (psychic) sensations you feel (which may be akin to a change of mood or even personality, as they start to overshadow you more and more), including when you start to notice a change and when that change dissipates
Continue this until you can clearly notice the changes.

When you are TOTALLY PROFICIENT at the above, ask your guides to start drawing close to you during the day (which can occur, as the protection you should be asking for regularly is to keep out disharmonious/inappropriate energies, not your guides), so that you start to notice such changes/influences when they occur unbidden. THIS IS IMPORTANT! The problems that can occur with mediumship are not failing to experience any mediumship, but opening oneself to problems such as obsession/possession, which can come with problems such as changes of personality, lack of being grounded (are you still practising grounding yourself? If not, you won't get far usefully with this exercise), etc.

I remember what I was like when I was young and impatient; I'll think very carefully about how much more I post on this blog on this topic - and I have a few other topics to cover anyway.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is from Devonpart, Tasmania (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devonport%2C_Tasmania).
Tags: discrimination, energy work, emotions, interpersonal interactions, judging others, personal characteristics, self knowledge, mediumship

First published: Saturday, 1st March, 2008
Last edited: Friday 11th July, 2008 (photo added)

No comments: