- this illustrates the problems men who are sexually assaulted have because of the stupidity of other people: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/01/danny-brown-oral-sex-kitty-pryde_n_3194881.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular;
- very timely, very true, and a great exposition of why I don't fear Thurisaz: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbeckett/2013/05/loving-nature-in-tornado-season.html;
- a site I'll be watching with some interest: http://www.politifact.com.au/, particularly in light of http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/public-cuts-can-create-waste-20130527-2n7sa.html and http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/why-i-quit-the-alp-20130526-2n50x.html;
- well done! http://www.dailylife.com.au/dl-fashion/when-men-pose-the-same-way-women-do-in-american-apparel-ads-20130523-2k21u.html;
- a very apt critique http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/the-six-things-wrong-with-the-most-watched-ad-in-the-world-20130521-2jyhf.html;
- yes! This is not actually surprising, it is just common sense for many people with adequate real life experience: http://www.dailylife.com.au/health-and-fitness/a-surprising-tactic-to-fight-anorexia-20130522-2k0rt.html;
- "Nanny in the Clouds" sounds like a potentially good idea (there are safety issues, checks on background etc which need to be considered but are not mentioned in the article): http://www.theage.com.au/travel/no-kidding-on-longhaul-flights-20130523-2k35c.html;
- as an engineer in the water industry (which has given me the sort of direct experience of "Third World" situations that River talks about), I love the inclusion of safe drinking water as an example of privilege: http://www.thorncoyle.com/podcasts/ElementalCastings_59_PCON2013_Pagans_Privilege_030613.mp3;
- interesting cross-cultural/interfaith article: http://covenantinterfaith.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/ritual-discussion-of-rachaels-trip-to_6.html;
- this article is arguable, but, well, here I am - and I would never move back to Queensland (partly the weather), to NSW, and have been reluctant to move to Tasmania in the past because of their history of discrimination against LGBTIQ people (considerable improvement recently, although still a long way to go - and all parts of Australia have problems with racism - see http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/30/racism-adam-goodes-intervention, for instance, and http://www.theage.com.au/comment/whitewashed-culture-has-dark-implications-20130529-2nbs2.html,http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/culture/blogs/all-men-are-liars/getting-real-about-racism-20130529-2nb9h.html, http://www.smh.com.au/national/five-experiences-with-racism-in-australia-20130530-2neu9.html and http://www.smh.com.au/national/is-it-racist-to--your-racism-questions-answered-20130531-2ngcy.html) and pagans (bit unsure if there has been any change): http://www.theage.com.au/comment/welcome-to-victoria-the-progressive-state-20130509-2jak0.html;
- and a few more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/27/york-mosque-protest-tea-biscuits, http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/28/iphone-thief-mobile-phone-snatched, http://www.theage.com.au/world/facebook-challenge-after-girls-death-leap-over-insults-20130527-2n7g7.html, and http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/may/29/facebook-campaign-violence-against-women;
- hmmmm .... : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089LOOF4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0089LOOF4&linkCode=as2&tag=thewildhunt-20';
- interesting in light of the Catholic's Pope Francis' actions (which still include killing LGBT people through discrimination): http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbeckett/2013/05/the-good-in-other-religions.html.
 BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.
 Please see here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").
Love, light, hugs and blessings
My "blogiography" is here.
I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "pagans for peace" project, and here for my bindrune kit-bag.
- May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
- A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
- The secret to being (financially) rich is not to have lots of money: it is to have an income above the poverty line, and then make whatever sacrifices are necessary in order to live within 90% of your means.
- Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master.
- Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." and what Bruce Schneier  calls "security theatre" on one side, and perspicacity and the understanding that the means shape the end on the other.
- The means shape the end.
- Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE
Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN
We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY
Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW
People I'm currently following or reading, or have considerable respect for, include:
- Red Catherine, a Romani woman living on Artemis, in South Australia;
- T. Thorn Coyle;
- The Wild Hunt;
- Under the Ancient Oaks; and
- the Order of Scathach.
Tags: discrimination, lesbian/bisexual/gay, paganism, peace, philosophy, politics, religion, society, transgender/transsexual/bigender, violence,
First published: Fryrsdagr, 31st May, 2013
Last edited: Friday, 31st May, 2013