Tuesday 22 May 2012

Post No. 385 - Encouragement, and the "magical battle of Britain"

I had a good reading last weekend at the spiritualist place that I attend so I can do some healing. The woman commented on the fact that I was in a sleeveless top when everyone else was rugged up (I don't feel the cold as much as others ... must be the warming breathing I read about in Rampa :) ), and then talked about me being clairaudient (I tend to consider myself more clairsentient, as my clairaudience - if I have it - is subjective [i.e., heard inside my head], not objective [meaning heard outside my head - see here for a previous post on this]), that things were going to start improving, that my current surge in creativity was going to become even stronger and more productive (she picked up on my writing, of which this blog is but part), and then she talked about me having done something which led to a lot of people being critical and sniping at me (transition, being lesbian, being butch - take your pick) but that I had worked on the anger and "turned it inside out", into something that was constructive.

Well, I have to quite an extent. I've been working on my temper since I was a kid, and I've used a lot of the attacks I've had (the last incident of discrimination was less than a fortnight ago) to motivate me into lobbying (oops - I'm supposed to call that "being an activist" ... or, I suppose "activism", now, since I am not - and have never been - one of those paid, professional lobbyists in Canberra who have been the target of some criticism in recent years). Even that last incident I was able to use to motivate me into making sure some brochures from our local equal opportunity board were improved so I could use them to educate the people running the business concerned.

I don't think of myself as a particularly positive person: I'm genuinely too grumpy for me to think that, but I have worked at turning situations around quite a bit. Maybe that's the key here: some people don't like the term "be positive"; maybe they would respond to "turn the situation around".

The medium also commented on a male figure who she couldn't work whether or not he was a father or a grandfather. After a pause, she said "I'll go with father". I was able to explain to her later that the confusion was because she had picked up my birth father, who had had little direct involvement in my life, which is why he seemed more like a grandfather. Interestingly, she had come across that before, and recognised what I was leading up to as soon as I started.

All in all, not bad for a woman I have never met before, and very encouraging for me.

Now, on another matter, I've recently started using the progressive colour visualisation exercise I use on my chakras (breathe in a colour, and direct it to a chakra, then breathe out negativity as I exhale, working through all my chakras using a sequence of pink, blue, green, gold, orange, purple and "brilliance" [meaning an energy that is so bright it has no particular sensation of colour] ), on my meridians. It has been working surprisingly well, with some very noticeable effects. All of that in fact reminds me of a friend who had a blockage in her heart meridian (relationship issues - valid ones which I could well understand had caused such a blockage) that I cleared with a copper-rod-and-crystal wand: she said the pain was worse than when she gave birth (which she had done twice), but it did lead to her being open to a new relationship. Maybe meridians are a little underappreciated in the pagan/New Age/alternative/etc movements ...


Now might be an appropriate time to move on to some reading I've been doing.

I'll begin with Jim Butcher's "The Dresden Files". I've just finished "Death Masks", and have to say the Denarians in that book are a pretty fair approximation of what I describe as an "uncooperative". I'm also enjoying some of the "moral" aspects of the books.

Moral aspects are also something that crops up quite a bit in Dion Fortune's book "The Magical Battle of Britain".

In brief, this book is about the psychic effort that some people put into helping those who fought against the evils of Nazism. The effort is claimed to have contributed to Dion Fortune's relatively early death, and having personal experience of the wear and tear such work can have, I'm not surprised.

The work I do, however, is somewhat different to that which Ms Fortune and her group undertook: they were interested in establishing connections to higher forces, and then bringing through energies which they would release to do their work on this physical plane. My work is more interventionist: I get directly involved in clearing uncooperatives and fighting against their influence. However, I can relate to the struggle to bring something from the astral and higher worlds into this one (which is described in some of Lobsang Rampa's books), and much of my work and writing is aimed at helping that to happen. Once a concept has established a foothold in this reality, a breach in the resistance of those who dislike change and those who actively, deliberately and maliciously oppose anything which could help others, it is easier for others to start getting the idea - a bit like Darwin and Russell both independently came up with the scientific theory of evolution, or perhaps like Lyall Watson's story about the Hundredth Monkey.

It doesn't, to some extent, matter that I may not have anyone read some of what I do: I have helped establish a connection to bring it through into this reality - the sort of connection that can be contributed to by meditation, as so very well outlined in Dion Fortune's book (it is actually an edited collection of letters to her students from that period), in "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth" by Stuart Holroyd,and "The Only Planet of Choice" by Phyllis V. Schlemmer.

Dion Fortune's book covers what she calls "telepathic opposition", or a "Sixth Column" that sapped the will of those the Nazis wished to invade or fight against. That is very true, and is what I deal with in my psychic work. Perhaps it goes back to some of the aliens who are claimed to have negative influences on the development of this world and the life on it.

What to do about this? Meditate, strengthen your mind with things like the alternate nostril breathing exercise that Rampa wrote about, and learn about psychic fundamentals such as protection, grounding, shielding and flaming (see here, here, here, here).

PS - I find Dion Fortune's book far too Christian for me, and I dispute that Christianity, a Middle Eastern (a very European term!) religion, is inherently the European mystical tradition: that is actually paganism. Having got that off my chest, though, there is a lot to think about in it, such as the non-judgemental clearing of negativity from Germans so they can communicate more clearly with "higher" (meaning "more spiritual" - comes from "higher frequency", or "higher spiritual frequency" :) ) forces and influences, which was written at a time of increasing hatred towards the Germans for having started the Second World War.Interestingly, over the last few weeks in my neighbourhood, I've found quite a few positive links, including many between people and their Higher Selves, which have been wrapped in negative energy, and thus have been doing a lot of work to clear that in order to get communication going more freely between people and their Higher Selves (check with the Higher Selves first, if you get the opportunity to do such work: the poor mug in the physical may be supposed to wake up to this happening and solve it themselves), and have done other, similar clearing of energy associated with mass thought - generally working with others. 

I found her comments about "Initiates" interesting. Such people must, according to Dion Fortune, "stand alone" - which doesn't mean be a hermit, but means be prepared to accept complete responsibility for themselves, their views, actions, inactions, etc - including being accountable solely for these to higher forces (which, for most people, comes when reviewing your life after death - the higher force then being your Higher Self, or Soul, or innermost being, or truest conscience, or any of a wide range of other terms). This became more interesting when she refers to some Initiates, or people doing advanced spiritual work, having to work an entire lifetime without neessarily getting any feedback that what they are doing is having any effect (some changes take hundreds of years of sustained, concentrated effort to effect), which is at least where we have possibly some help from the Internet ... 

Finally, I'll end with a saying that popped into my mind (no doubt courtesy of that clairaudience!) recently. I don't know whether it was a joke from my guides or not, but here goes: "that's not a brick wall, it's a very steep learning curve".

Hmmmm ....

Here's another one to consider.

"Few men are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, and the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change." Senator Robert F. Kennedy and US Attorney General 1966 Speech.

And now ... more reading.



Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")
May the world of commerce & business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.

Tags: about me, anger, change, clairaudience, Dion Fortune, emotions, ethics, personal characteristics, readings, rescue, uncooperative, 

First published: Tysdagr, 22nd May, 2012

 Last edited: Wednesday, 23rd May, 2012 (more reading links, and added the post script)