Tuesday 16 December 2014

Post No. 625 - and now ... the healing and the learning

The siege is over in Sydney - sadly, with some deaths: now is the time to CONTINUE sending love and light, to help people heal (including the police who who helped end it - they also suffer stress no matter how good their training), to help learn any lessons so this type of situation can be better handled or prevented (and the reality is, there may not be much, in that instance), and so that some sections of the media can be reigned in from their cheap sensationalism - see here. Because of those sections of the media, the need for healing will be wider - and it will also include preventing the stupid from overreacting and thus taking vengeance against people who are wrongly perceived to be connected to this - i.e., anyone perceived as Muslim: any person who does take such action is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE MAN WHO COMMITTED THIS CRIME, AND SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME WAY.If you see such people, stand up to them - tell them they are doing the terrorist's work, which they are.

One of the big issues that needs to be considered by many people is that we all leave this physical incarnation at some stage - i.e., we all die. We are all mortal. You can aim to do as much as you can to delay it (e.g., eat well and exercise), but people have died from things as trivial as tripping over a hose. As a result, I always tell my partner I love her when going to work, for instance - there are no guarantees that I will get home, not necessarily because of a work accident, but also things like a traffic accident (we are entering the so-called "silly season", which I now often describe as "the stupid season").

I also have thought about how I wish to die - not the physical circumstances, but the moral attributes I wish to display. To some extent, this comes out of my years of being a Buddhist, but I have been coming to terms since I was around 5 or 6, when our pet cat died - and that is NOT something to try and shield young people and children from, out of one's own fear, but to guide them through. If you do not feel capable of guiding them through that, then you need to do some growing up - and fast.

At age 28, I thought about the times I was sure I was about to die (such as the time a car coming the other way on a hot summer's day in inland Queensland picked up a chunk of bitumen and threw it directly at me, at well over 200 km/h, leaving no piece of my windscreen larger than 6mm), and counted six such incidents. I personally attribute those incidents to my philosophies on living, including my search for proof of survival after death, but that is, in my view, actually a separate matter to what I am writing about here. More mundanely, part of that is making sure I have a will, and that my loved ones know where it is, and that my loved ones know how I wish my remains to be disposed of (i.e., funeral). Part of that includes doing my utmost to ensure others are not left with any debts when I die.

I've actually been lighting candles - and doing other magickal work - to encourage people generally to think about and be prepared for such matters for quite some time. I know other people have done similar: for instance, I recall reading of a couple who, after "9/11" wouldn't travel on the same plane, in case of any tragic events, to ensure their kids would always have at least one parent. If not, well, that's where the "godparents" step in - which is a role I took on, knowing what it obliged, with a coupe of my nephews and nieces.

This sort of issue should have been thought of by EVERYONE before the siege in Sydney. I consider that the fearful reactions of news commentators was, in part, an indication that they haven't. Sadly, it was also media people trying to be sensationalist because they know some people are STUPID enough to get sucked in by such - in other words, there's a sucker bought every minute, and the responses of the public sells clicks (used to sell papers ... ).

Dear Reader, please be a Responsible Adult,and think about the fact that everyone alive has a limited life. As a mature Adult, what sort of legacy do you want to leave? Perhaps think about the saying :it is better to die one one's feet than live on one's knees", and the counterbalancing argument about being able to take action if one is still alive. Do such simple, everyday, things as make a Will.

And when you see something such as the siege that ended this morning, have empathy and compassion for those caught up in it, and use your own personal calm to get those people to rise above the situation they're in, to NOT be mastered by their fear - rather, to USE that fear constructively to do whatever is going to best for the situation.

Sadly, this is not the first incidence of terrorism in Australia - there was the Sydney Hilton bombing in 1978, for instance, and it will probably not be the last. Be prepared, and don't let the terrorists win * . Any backlash against the Muslim community is the terrorists winning.


 * I have reservations that some official responses do this, sadly. 

Love, light, hugs and blessings


Gnwmythr, Wéofodthegn 
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … Would-be drýicgan or maga ... )

My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me at 9 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible.