Saturday 15 September 2018

Post No. 1,210 - reading ... and a Whinge

First, the reading: my favourite source, at the moment, is John Beckett, and three articles I liked enough to recommend. They are:
Hope you enjoy it.

Next, a whinge - about Google. I've just tried to update a password on the account I've used most commonly to access the blog, and was shut out because they didn't like it. Fortunately, having been through a similar problem once before, I have organised multiple access accounts, which is how I am able to do this post. However, it is extremely annoying - as was my bank deciding to not like me making donations to overseas charities a few months ago, and I have to wonder about the life experience of those involved with these systems. As an example, asking me for the month and year of the account I was logging back into - I have multiple blogs, and have had them for years, and the date I started is of no great interest to me (or anyone else), and they want me to remember it?

It's probably compounded by the fact that Google still hasn't fixed a glitch in part of their statistics display, and that they still don't have any way to contact them.

In fairness to them, however, the problem with that account may be that it was linked to another company's email product that I shut down when that company started to head places I didn't like.

Anyway, back to recovering from the laryngitis, in preparation for more blog work tomorrow.