Sunday 26 June 2011

Post No. 280 - An old set of notes for a post: daring to judge and daring to do

My apologies if I actually have posted this, but I used my weekend away to try and catch up with some drafts.

As I was driving in to work in spring last year (i.e,. September, since I live in the Southern Hemisphere), I heard article on the Afghani elections, which described how one candidate was standing up to Taliban.

Now, although I believe in respect, particularly respect for other cultures, I do dare to judge - and discrimination against women is wrong - NOT because they're women and therefore somehow special (that is simply a different version of the view that leads to attacks - many such fundies say "we are protecting our women"; the rubbish here is also typical of women who want to be above men). No, women are not any more special than men (in fact, the most aggressive person I have known in recent years was - she is no longer so aggro - a cisgendered female): ALL people are special. ALL people have rights - including the right to be all that they can, and ALL people and deserve respect.

Therefore, I consider the attacks on women wrong (and there are other attacks) in Afghanistan - and I acknowledge that there are flaws in Australia on the topic of discrimination (I mentioned to another engineer just a few days before I heard that radio programme, when planning on how to set up a mentoring scheme, that I still discuss discrimination and the consequences of standing up for yourself with young women), but two wrongs don't make a right.

Now, I have views along the lines that the invasion of Iraq was wrong, the conduct of invasions flawed, but I also think most pagans are too insular. I've read posts about why don't we do more to helps others, like Christians, and consider it true (there are some good articles on this topic on Witchvox).

This situation in Afghanistan is one such case where we could do more, using our unique talents.

I posted recently about the time it took for the Hope, Love, Peace and Prosperity spell [1] to work. That spell was based on (some of) the causes of conflict, and took several years to manifest some effect in the Middle East: what about something similar for those insecure thugs who are attacking women and girls in Afghanistan?

This needs to address the issue on the multiple levels of any such problem - including the superficial shallow levels that the thugs are aware of, as well as the deeper issues that underlay it.

So .. how 'bout it: anyone wanna 'aveago [2]?

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Notes:
1. Hope, Peace, Love and Prosperity Ritual (11th of each month)

HOPE
May the winds of hope bloom
Sweeping away despair & sorrow
So that life again may grow
Building a better tomorrow
May hope clear the air and end
The darkling clouds of fear & pain
And bright beginnings send
That we may dare to dream again
May what was dark & overcast
Be now renewed & once more whole
Freed from all limitations past
Healed by hope within the soul
Awake now hope!
Spread wings & fly!
Cleanse & liberate my heart!
All things are possible and I
On wings of hope shall claim my part.

PEACE
May the Fires of Peace burn bright
Giving light when the world is darkest
Putting hate & bigotry to flight
And laying prejudice to rest
May the light of peace melt away
the encrustation of violence and bitterness which holds sway
So often in the worlds events
May peace transmute & tame
Unruly aggression and arrogance
Subdue them in humanities name
To give the future a decent chance
Thus I say and Thus I pray
And Thus I will it to come to be
I pray and work for peace this day
For all the world, for you, for me!

LOVE CALLING
May Love like water pour Forth
Filling my heart and soul
Flowing out over all the Earth
And making all things whole
Love as deep as the ocean
Clear as the mountain lakes
Crowning all other emotion
The Thirst of Humanity slakes
Love enters & heals the anchoring heart
And Washes away its pain
Thus clearing the way for a better start
To reach out & Love others again
Fill me oh love, like a cup to the top
Fill the world as well like a sea
That I may know love from the world without stop
And all the world know love from me

PROSPERITY BLESSING
Prosperity high as the mountains fastness
Prosperity rich as the fertile ground
Prosperity deeps as the caverns vastness
Prosperity wide as the World round
Prosperity helps heal the hating heart
Prosperity helps heal fear
Prosperity fosters the peace-makers art
Prosperity I call you here!
Prosperity come make us feel secure
Prosperity helps us love peace
Prosperity help us the future ensure
Prosperity I pray you increase
Prosperity I call you to manifest now
Prosperity rumble & shake!
Prosperity now in my life I allow
Prosperity like an earthquake!

2. "want to have a go"


Tags: activism, caring, Christianity, discrimination, love, responsibility, society,

First published: Sunnudagr, 26th June, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 26th June, 2011