Sunday 26 June 2011

Post No. 285 - A weekend out of the city

As I write this I am enjoying a birthday present from my partner - a weekend in the bush, in the hills near Melbourne, in a lovely little cabin with a great antique feel, lots of bush - and nature spirits.

I went crazy with my camera and took lots of photos when we got here, and then, as we sat on the cabin's verandah having a cuppa, I pointed out where some nature spirits were to my partner, she said "hi", and they wanted to know why people with a city "taint" in their energy wanted to come where they lived. We explained that we, more or less, wanted to be cleaned - and the nature spirits very kindly offered to help clean us. We agreed, and had a lovely little clearing/healing session for a few minutes.

In return, I offered to include them in a ritual to raise energy for them. I did that, and they were very happy - actually, they wanted me to work longer, but I was getting cold. I will do some more for them later, I think ... I had agreed to do this in the daylight for them, but I do prefer working at night.

It's so lovely to have a place with so many plants and nature spirits. Living in an old, run-down house in the inner city, with a standard, regimented, minimalist (in my view) garden is hard - almost as hard as having four million leak auras around me.

I know some people deliberately create nature spirit gardens, and we're planning on eventually having trees and bushes in pots (so we can take them with us when we move), but there are other things everyone can do to be considerate of nature spirits - headed by: be considerate of nature, as in "be environmentally responsible".

If you had people come to your home who trashed it, would you feel like inviting them back and spending time with them? No? Well, nature spirits are not stupid: they are well and truly capable of determining who is sensitive and caring towards them, and who will trample ignorantly over them. This is not a case of the Peter Pan view of "we need you to believe in us or we won't exist" - that is rubbish. Nature Spirits exist just as we do, and we don't need others to believe that we exist in order to exist. (I am a pragmatic engineer, and tend to think the speculation about whether or not a tree makes noise if no-one is there to hear it is rubbish.) However, many people do not notice nature spirits, and literally walk over them.

If you want to do something for nature spirits, first care for their world - which, oh gosh, also happens to be our world. Then, show some sensitivity, caring and politeness (manners go a LONG way). Even if you are not psychic, you can feel the peace and joy they create in natural places: send them a thought of thanks.

There are many opportunities for us to live simpler lives - consume less, reuse, recycle, etc. I live those who follow the principles of "electronic simplicity+ - for instance, not having a TV AND a PC which can play DVDs or download programmes. Other people have described this as "modern austerity".

It is also possible to travel places without using planes - I prefer to drive anyway, because of the stupidity of many airport security people when it comes to people who are different from "the norm".

As a digression built on that, I have come to realise just how much I have aimed to simplify my life so I can focus on the things that matter to me: I do housework only when it is needed, and then by the lowest energy version. For instance, when I was single, I would not clean the floors every day, and often sweeping would suffice, they didn't need vacuuming or mopping. I would use what my partner calls "food assemblage" cooking, not because I couldn't cook, but because the time, energy and money spent on cooking from basic ingredients and then cleaning up the massive mess created was not worth it to me: it took away time from things that mattered more to me. Two hours of cooking and one hour of cleaning for 30 minutes of flavour did not outweigh an hour of exercise, one of meditation and starting a movie in time to see it before going to bed.

Of course, I copped a lot of flak from people who couldn't see past the "I chose to spend lots of time doing unnecessary things so every one else has to as well", but they're just idiots who have all left my life now, and I have had the benefit of my choices.

(I've also learnt, from subsequently living on a boat, not to create a mess in the first place.)

And now it is time to go and enjoy the nature spirits some more.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags: nature, faery, respect, communication, psychism, about me,

First published: Sunnudagr, 26th June, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 26th June, 2011