Monday 13 May 2013

Post No. 446 - The need to simplify life, and some speculations

A speculation: can cats smell energy?

Many people who come across psychism tend to focus on the visual skills (such as clairvoyance), which is a reflection of how much we tend to focus on vision in our lives: we have become visual creatures, with senses such as smell diminished (perhaps beneficially so, given city living!). Nevertheless, our other physical senses exist, and have non-physical counterparts, one of which is a psychic sense of smell.

Cats are actually very "olfactorily oriented", to coin a phrase. Dogs get the publicity for their sense of smell, but my experience is that cats are very nearly as keen to use their sense of smell as dogs. When I get home, our cats want to smell my hands to work out where I have been, what I have been doing, and what I have experienced. If I've been particularly stressed at work, they might make a face as they come to that smell, and then keep going with their review.

If I've been healing, they are particularly interested in my hands and lower arms, which is the part of me that the energy flows through. If I've been at a development class, my partner's daughter's cat would be particularly interested in sniffing my third eye.

So ... can cats smell energy?

A speculation: work harder

Why, many people would ask. Well, the simple truth is that many people actually want to be doing more - they don't want the so-called idyllic life of lazing around in luxury,or on a tropical island. They want to feel useful, to feel that they are making a beneficial difference, and to be constructively using the resource of time that they have. They may have a day job out of the necessity of paying the rent, but they will then do other work to get a sense of value from existence.

I've touched upon this previously, when I made the following comment in relation to diabetes:

"I support and endorse campaigns to improve physical health and mental health in society, but in my opinion they will not go close to reducing the rates of diabetes until they start to at least make the connection between diabetes and non-physical aspects such emotions AND A DESIRE FOR MORE MEANINGFUL/SPIRITUAL LIFESTYLES."

The problem, however, is that they're voices are getting drowned out - partly by the noise of those fools who want the assurance of everyone else having the same values as themselves [3], and partly by the advertising juggernaut that the out-of-control servant of society known as business-and-commerce has created and refined in order to direct society in the direction that business-and-commerce wants. I've mentioned previously that I think "the economy" has become the new religion of society. Both of these statements are, to some extent, simplifications: there are beneficial things that business-and-commerce can do, but it is, in my view, vital that business-and-commerce be reined in, and that all start to see that it is a servant with the purpose of creating a better life and a better world for people, and to enable people to do what it is that they want to do that is spiritually justifiable - in other words, for the "Highest Spiritual Good".

The current situation is particularly problematic when we come to the great crisis of climate change, which is but one of the many current crises facing this world. And that leads into the next point I wish to cover.

The need to simplify life

Our society has dessert spoons, and soup spoons, and smaller cutlery that is supposed to be used for entrees. This is redundant, and exists these days largely so people can belittle others who "do the wrong thing" from the point of view of social conditioning - which is about controlling other people. Yes, there are functional differences between dessert spoons and soup spoons, but they can actually be used successfully for the "wrong" function. Similarly, in most cases, normal cutlery can be used for entree. [4]

We don't need this level of complexity. It exists probably as an extension of the initial development of the notion of social status, which is possibly a warped misrepresentation of the valid concept of spiritual stature, and thus this complexity based on status and having a way to put other people down for social mistakes has, in my view, no valid reason to exist.

As another example, clothes don't need to be ironed. They function perfectly well in terms of protecting us from the elements without ironing. If people see someone wearing un-ironed, wrinkled clothes, the response is usually some form of belittling - and yet the person who does not iron is consuming fewer resources, and has more time and energy available for the more important things in life. (Having spent several years washing clothes by hand when I lived on a boat, and being aware how dirty some clothes can get for people - which includes women! - working in trades, not to mention those with young children, I am actually in favour of clothes washers, by the way, as they do genuinely save time and labour ... provided that is not used as an excuse to have more clothes.) It is an affectation that is about social control - the establishment of social status, diversion of time and energy into trivialities, and giving a chance for the small-minded to vent their spleen.

And then if we get into houses - well, don't get me started on houses. We've watched some large houses being built in our neighbourhood recently, and they appear to me to be purely about ostentation, not function. I consider aspirations around houses are one of the biggest sources of environmental and social problems in Western culture - and hence the comment I have in my signature block (A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others).

I feel similarly around having excessive numbers of electronic devices (for instance, I am happy to watch movies on my PC rather than a bigger screen), and on that I know I am not alone. There was an article in The Age on this some time ago, and you could look here, for instance (that blog may be worth a look more generally).

Technology is not always an enemy of the process of simplification - for instance, it has made interaction at a distance more effective, which is a development that goes back to the telephone. Hopefully that will eventually lead to a reduction in pressure to commute. Mind you, for that to happen, the world of commerce-and-business will have to catch up. When lap tops became available, I argued that I could work on the train if I had one, but the moronic manager I had at the time would only allow me to claim half the time I had spent working on train as work time, so I told him where to shove that requirement and stayed peacefully enjoying doing some reading in my commuting time.

That particular moron drove me to the brink of suicide several times, and was a perfect example of all that I consider wrong in the world of business and commerce ... I'm glad I've met people since who've shown me the good side.

Here are a few bindrunes which might help if you want to build up some energy in the world along the lines I've just discussed:

Make Do

Simplify

Asceticism


[3] I see this particularly around those who want children, and do not feel comfortable with others choosing otherwise. There are some particularly good comments on that in a recent article from The Age.In fact, here are a few articles:
[4] Where, however, we need more spoons is in the case of the chronically ill. Something I have discovered as a result of discussing this post (in real life, not on-line ... and with my partner who used to be a nurse) is that spoons are used to discuss energy - e.g., how many spoonfuls of energy will it take to get out of bed, and how many do you have available.

[1] BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").

Love, light, hugs and blessings



Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

My "blogiography" is here.  

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ...  See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "pagans for peace" project, and here for my bindrune kit-bag.
  • May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
  • A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
  • Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master. 
  • Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." and what Bruce Schneier [2] calls "security theatre" on one side, and perspicacity and the understanding that the means shape the end on the other. 
  • The means shape the end. 
  • Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living.
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger [people]. JOHN F. KENNEDY 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.


True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW


People I'm currently following or reading, or have considerable respect for, include: 

Tags: animals, control, economy, psychism, society,

First published: Manadagr, 13th May, 2013

Last edited: Monday, 13th May, 2013