Saturday 8 June 2013

Post No. 450 - A Frustration

One of the things that I have observed, is that it SEEMS to me, at times, that some pagans are too self absorbed, and not interested enough in doing work that is of benefit to others. Of course, that is equally a matter I can lay at the doors of other religions, and is, in fact, one of the major reasons I no longer count myself as Christian or Buddhist. Furthermore, I know that there are pagans who DO care about others - apart from this post at the Wild Hunt, there is T Thorn Coyle, who I found very refreshing, and other pagans I have known personally who are committed to activism (Diolch, Cariad *mwa - and also see here) and to things like fundraising (Hi N), but where are the pagan websites that are the equivalent of, say, the World Goodwill Full Moon meditation groups, which raise and send energy to the world for its betterment, or of the Lucis Foundation's Triangles network?

I've tried to do things like setting up "diagnoses" of the world's energy so people can know where to send energy (oops - can't find where I was posting those ... but I've copied one in after this paragraph), posting rituals aimed at helping others / the world (e.g. - see here and here; this was, I have to admit, successful when I was helping to run an online Wiccan network based on a crystal network), getting pagans to commit to peace (also see here and here), but nothing seems to have really taken off.

I think the three centres of paganism, posted at http://allergicpagan.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/the-three-or-more-centers-of-paganism/ and first linked to  in my previous post, promotes some useful reflection on this ... but, having done that reflecting :) , where are the pagans advocating for the use of magic to make the world a better place, for cures to world hunger and thirst, and poverty, and homelessness, and so on (where are they apart from here, I mean!)

[1] BPF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Forces. See here and here for more on this.

[2] Please see here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").

Love, light, hugs and blessings



Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

My "blogiography" is here.  

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ...  See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "pagans for peace" project, and here for my bindrune kit-bag.
  • May the world of commerce and business be recognised to be a servant, not a master, of the lives of people.
  • A home is for living in, not feeling, becoming or being rich or a “better” class than others.
  • The secret to being (financially) rich is not to have lots of money: it is to have an income above the poverty line, and then make whatever sacrifices are necessary in order to live within 90% of your means.  
  • Like fire to the physical, emotions to the soul make a good servant, and a bad master. 
  • Armageddon is alive and well and happening right now: it is a battle between the indolence of "I only ..." and/or "I just ..." and what Bruce Schneier [2] calls "security theatre" on one side, and perspicacity and the understanding that the means shape the end on the other. 
  • The means shape the end. 
  • Spiritual love is far more than just an emotion - it is a concept, thoughts, actions and a way of living.
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger [people]. JOHN F. KENNEDY 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good [people] to do nothing. (based on writing by) EDMUND BURKE

Your children are not your children. ... They come through you but ... they belong not to you ... for their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow KAHLIL GIBRAN

We didn't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we only borrowed it from our children ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.


True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

Those whom we cannot stand are usually those who we cannot understand P.K.SHAW


People I'm currently following or reading, or have considerable respect for, include: 

Tags: activism, paganism, society, 

First published: Laugadagr, 8th June, 2013

Last edited: Saturday, 8th June, 2013