Sunday 7 August 2016

Post No. 915 - defensive bindrunes: The Sentinel

Recently, I started thinking about bindrunes which could be used as defence against psychic attack. In my usual fashion, I started thinking about this in terms of creating bindrunes for words - "words of power", in a sense.

My first word was around making sure the psychic attack didn't affect me - which is not about the protection aspect, as such, but about making sure one stayed oneself, and one of the key aims of psychic attack if generally to make one "not oneself", whether that is through illness, exhaustion, or direct attempts at control, or some other effect. I tossed around a few words, and the one which I eventually settled on was mӕgan,which I've posted about elsewhere, and was about maintaining one's core.

I then started to think about a word to protect oneself in a BPM manner - i.e., in a way that wouldn't cause collateral damage (e.g., by reflecting the energy without direction, or allowing it through oneself to continue on its merry way until it hits someone else), or by sending it back to the originator in a way that is malicious or vengeful, rather than dispassionate (and, as there is often a karmic origin to such psychic attack, bouncing it back in anger, hate, fear, rage or vengeance is only going to PROLONG the lesson, possibly to future lifetimes). I was considering a combination of "reflection" and "conscience" / "perspective", or possibly grounding, when I mentioned this to my friend RMftB (Rune Master from the Bush - also known as Tony in his day job and any other time he is hiding his runic super-power :) ).

RMftB did some thinking about this, and came up with a wonderful idea based on a combination of runes selected on the basis of their characteristics. RMftB came up with a combination of, at the simplest level, Othala, Mannaz / Mann, Laguz / Lagu, and Gar arranged into a stylised warrior with shield and weapon (the weapon started as a sword, but wound up looking more like an axe to me). After a bit of tweaking, this look like this:
With a very brief bit of discussion, we agreed this figure was a sentinel, and thus are referring to it as "The Sentinel".

Having done that, RMftB also started identifying the hidden runes, and developed this commentary to identify those and the relevant aspects of the included runes:

In the meantime, I got going with my colouring, and the final bindrune looks like this:

The weapon, represented by Lagu / Laguz, was selected with the thought of allowing energy to flow around or past: the col,our blue also has associations of flow, which helps that aspect, but any application of a "weapon" - or even defensive techniques - must be based on wisdom (to prevent collateral damage etc), and thus orange for wisdom has been added.


The body and legs are green for healing and grounding; the head is blue, for clear thought, and purple for (spiritual) insight; and the shield is purple for protection, with a dash of red for energy.

To use this, I would print it out and place it around my home, or carry it on me (e.g., in my purse), or draw the basic figure on myself using some sort of pen I am not allergic to, and easily removed in the event I find myself having an adverse reaction to it.

The design needs to be charged and activated: a good portion of this is done simply by doing the actions of printing, placing / drawing / etc with the INTENTION that it have the effect of being for protection of ... (insert name / description) , but that is also helped my doing an intentional ritual. An example of that could be adapting one of my New Moon rituals (e.g., here) by replacing the core with visualisation of energy flowing into The Sentinel, and asking BPM forces to charge and activate it. Another example would be to use my adaptation of the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram to invoke a suitable Sephirah - perhaps Kether (for spiritual perspective above all else), Chockmah (for wisdom), Hod (for magick), Yesod (for work on the subconscious level), Chesed (for an emphasis on compassion), or Geburah (for an emphasis on fierce defence), or Tipereth (for an emphasis on staying balanced); which one is selected depends on the context and the type of attack.

When finished with the ritual, don't forget to close oneself down, close the circle, and ground and release all excess energy. The closing prayer I typically use for this is:
We ask that our auras be cleansed, cleared and closed. We ask that we be assisted to close down and to centre ourselves, grounding and releasing all excess energy whilst doing so. We ask that the pyramid be cleansed and cleared in all times, dimensions, realities, levels and spaces. We ask that all positive links, skills, outcomes and other things be strengthened. We ask that the circle be cleansed, cleared and closed, but that the protection, healing and guidance continue for the Highest Spiritual Good.

So mote it be.
(My usual routine protection prayer is in my signature block.)

I apologise for publishing these posts twice, but Blogger keeps changing my formatting. I can either publish it and then correct it, or save and close the post and correct it when I reopen it, but that leaves an extra copy in my "drafts" folder ... 



Love, light, hugs and blessings
I am revamping my former website, and getting at least one other underway (pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here. The reasons for my caution when using Wikipedia are here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: bindrunes, prayer, protection, Psychic attack, psychic self defence, rituals, runes,
First published: Sunnudagr, 7th August, 2016
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Sunday, 7th August, 2016