Saturday 27 August 2016

Post No. 922 - Some Thoughts



This is going to be a bit of a rambling post where I touch on a few ideas.
Firstly, getting evidence in support of UFOs.
I’ve just watched a couple of videos on this – one an old, sensationalist programme from a few decades ago, and the other a newer, better programme, but one that still misses quantitative data – in my opinion.
The field of UFO investigation is an area which I think needs to learn from both paranormal investigators, and common, everyday, garden variety surveyors. For those people who are looking for UFO evidence, instead of just having a single, handheld video recorder, why not have – well, at least a blasted tripod, so the image is steady, but, even better, an array with say:
  • two video devices, each with graduated markings (like theodolites – hence the reference to surveyors), so, with a little bit of basic trigonometry, one can calculate the distance to something that is being recorded (do an internet search for optical naval and air range finders to get an idea of what this is about – or the binocular devices which used to be used to plot contours a few decades ago [which I tried once, and was banished from as I was so poor at it]);
  • something fixed on wide angle so one can compare any close ups with what was happening around the area of interest and to help with judgements of scale; and
  • infrared (IR) and ultraviolet (UV) cameras (also with markings to measure angles etc).
I’ve heard people occasionally talking about IR and UV filters, and, frankly, that sounds like mumbo-jumbo to me: why not, since the exercise is about getting credible evidence, simply record the IR and UV in the first place, which is less subject to challenge?
Personally, I would also like to see such an array including recording of Doppler radar (to show atmospheric movement), a high speed camera, infrasound (IS), audible sound, ultrasonics (US), and maybe even some of the tracking controls of good telescopes, but it is going to be expensive and difficult to handle enough as it is (which is the massive argument against this – power demand would also be an issue … which is where the tripod comes in handy again, as it could allow for some decent car battery size batteries) – not to mention that to get a mappable recording of sounds that one could correlate to images one would need an array of microphones … and that, since sound is so much slower than light, the area covered by the sound recording would have to be much larger than that covered by the visual recording.
Next, having got your tripod mounted array, record jets and internally lit blimps and atmospheric phenomena so one has a set of data to compare subsequent recordings to for the purpose of eliminating such known explanations.
Having done all that, one has, of course, to then record some UFOs. Well, in much the same way that storm hunters have got fairly good at their chosen career/hobby (obsession?), some UFO trackers seem to have got the art of finding UFOs at least partially sorted – and there are areas where UFOs are known to occur more, which also helps.
It would be good for such recording to be done by teams of two – an enthusiast and an open minded nonbeliever. One of the issues that would crop up is that such arrays would need to be calibrated, possibly temperature compensated, and that the calibration would need to be done both before and after recording something to prove that instrument error is not an issue.
Ah well, I can but dream, I suppose … maybe if I have a big lottery win I could do this, but … I’ve heard you have to buy a lottery ticket in order to be able to win, so maybe not :) Anyone out there with money – or able to organise a crowd funder campaign – who wants to have a go at this? If there is:
  • theodolites are anything from $1,000 to $10,000 or more, or modern range finders are a few hundred dollars (but may not be good enough for this … );
  • security style IR recorders are a couple of hundred dollars or so;
  • UV recorders are $2,000 to $5,000 or more, but I don’t think those are linked to recording areas of the sky … ;
  • ultrasonic devices range between a few hundred and a few thousand (they’re used for, as an example, recording bats);
  • assume infrasound and audible recorders are between a few hundred and a few thousand dollars, depending on quality – and likewise for video devices.
All up, I would expect a first assembly to cost around $10,000 - $20,000 (excluding the optional extras I listed), but it may be possible to get it under $5,000 with a bit of development, and then there would possibly be a small market of keen enthusiasts for these units.
Next, Ben Elton’s alternative history (sort of) novel Time and Time Again.
I was in an airport on another work trip ( * SIGH – oh to be able to retire and STAY HOME … or, at least, do the wandering I want to, rather than what I am told to do :) ) when I saw this novel, and quickly realised it was about using a science fiction device (time travel – explained in an appealing, quirky and unlikely way :) ) to prevent World War Part One.
This is a fascinating topic to me, as the world came so close to NOT going to war in that northern hemisphere summer of 1914, and, if it had been held off for 2 years, it probably would never have happened – which would have prevented World War Part Two (which is why I refer to those wars as Parts One and Two) and lots of other “bad” things, but slowed some other social changes for the better – as is discussed in Richard Ned Lebow’s fascinating book Archduke Franz Ferdinand Lives!: A World without World War I, which outlines ways that the world could have been better or worse (I think I have posted about this book – and certainly I have posted about the topic elsewhere). Now, as I alluded to above, there were a whole series of things which went wrong that led to World War Part One (for instance, if Rasputin had not been injured and in hospital, he may have been able to talk the Tsar out of mobilising, as he had done two years earlier), but the single event which most people focus on is the actual assassination of Franz Ferdinand – the heir to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, who likely would have modernised it and made it more inclusive.
Mr Elton’s novel sets up a device for preventing that from happening, which is all good, and shows good awareness of the so-called butterfly effect, where a time traveller causes a small, seemingly insignificant change in the past, which leads to massive change later (which is well explored in Ray Bradbury’s short story The Sound of Thunder, which may be where the term originated), but then one of the key characters goes a step further, and suggests something I immediately react to with “No!, No! No! That could go all wrong!” – which it does, leading to series of escalating events, and an exploration of parallel realities, also explored in the reboot of Star Trek, and by Seth (channelled by Jane Roberts).
This is all very interesting, and was a good way to pass the time waiting for the flight (I had finished work a lot earlier than planned) and on the flight itself, but it got me thinking about the issue of creating new realities.
The concept, as explained in the New Age movement and some scientific circles, is, I consider, a little too open ended – I wonder if there is enough energy to sustain all the alternative realities which some people postulate could exist, and consider that such is possibly limited to major events (such as whether World War Part One occurs or doesn’t); on a smaller, more personal scale, I consider a lot of alternatives are explored in the astral, in  what are, in effect, role-playing scenarios – or, as the military would term it, “gaming out options”.
I am aware of having explored some quite long, complicated options that way (and it felt quite realistic), and consider that is far more likely for the smaller, personal decisions than that an alternative reality gets created.
Now, an example of passive-aggressive behaviour in the workplace.
We have a project team from another company working in our office (and had to move over to make room for them, actually): mostly it is OK, but there are examples of some transphobic tendencies, and, a few weeks ago, one of the senior people there was experiencing considerable frustration as a result of their email system not working. It was late, well after official knock off time, but that tends to happen in engineering (and is undesirable for a whole host of reasons), and he went through a series of helpdesk people who couldn’t meet his definition of “help” – which was an instant solution to the problems he was experiencing. He possibly thought he was being assertive, but his tone of voice was showing LOTS of suppressed anger.
Now, that problem is still continuing to last week, so it is major, and I can understand his frustration at not being able to meet a deadline as a result, but:
  • the conditions which apply to such on-line help, including timelines, are defined by the conditions of the agreement, NOT one person’s frustration: I would expect them to have at least a 24 hour turn around (I did hear a 48 hour period mentioned);
  • when one has more experience, one knows to allow for glitches like this, and thus try to get things done earlier, if possible;
  • the modern addiction to “fast tracking” projects is stupid for many reasons, including the stress it puts on people, the increased risk of mistakes, increased costs, and the lack of common sense flexibility – including, in particular, the lack of time for events such as that which had occurred in that instance.
The stress that this puts on people is indicative of the problem we have with stress more broadly in society, which is due in part to unrealistic expectations, such as those shown by the person concerned – all of which makes it a vicious cycle: expectation of quicker service leads to more stress which leads to mistakes which leads to more time pressure which leads to more stress, etc, etc, etc – and the same applies to doing things for less money, which also contributes to stress and has its own stupid cycle (e.g., people in households expect government to do things for less money, which leads to stress in those households – and I have seen cretins who expected things to be done more cheaply sympathising with household members who were suffering from the pressure that was being created).
It is stupid, and we all need to take a metaphorical step back, and slow down – and start to treasure thinking carefully about things, rather than trying to outdo others on time and/or money.
I have seen the decline in some industries as a result of this – and have a friend who pointed out to me that “Australia’s dirtiest station” would have been shut down a long time ago if the SECV hadn’t been sold off.
Now, after an intermission for tea, cooked by my partner’s other partner (we take turns) and with entertainment from the dog blowing bubbles in her water bowl (I kid you not :) - and, on pets, I would probably have got this post written in half the time if I hadn't been "helped" by our cats ... ) … the final topic.
Now, this came out of a dream which I woke from with a clear phrase in my mind: he would have thought America was an opprobrium. Researching this led me to Lee Harris (although I'm not sure that was where I was supposed to end up ... but I am currently reading "The Federalist Papers", as a result of watching "The West Wing", and may get to where the phrase was meant to lead me that way), who wrote The Next American Civil War: The Populist Revolt Against the Liberal Elite and Civilization and Its Enemies (some of this was perhaps similar to my views on not ignoring nonBPM  units), who was interviewed on the TYT channel (a US political channel, with TYT being, I think, an acronym for a media programme called The Young Turks) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDocIBFALGE.
I’m still thinking about that author’s messages: the call to treat reactionary people with respect is  worthy suggestion, but … his delivery feels “off” to me. I suspect a lot of what he is writing about could be dealt with in a BPM manner by having much better education on a whole range of issues, including progressive and reactionary worldviews, worldviews, personal change, social evolution, etc.

I apologise for publishing these posts twice, but Blogger keeps changing my formatting. I can either publish it and then correct it, or save and close the post and correct it when I reopen it, but that leaves an extra copy in my "drafts" folder ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings
I am revamping my former website, and getting at least one other underway (pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here. The reasons for my caution when using Wikipedia are here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon
  • All of the above - and this blog - could be wrong, or subject to context, perspective, or state of spiritual evolution ...
Tags: astral, astral travel, dreams, education, evidence, history, parallel realities, passive-aggressive, progressive, reactionary, society, stress, time magic, UFOs, war, 
First published: Laugardagr, 27th August, 2016
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Saturday, 27th August, 2016