Sunday 9 October 2011

Post No. 325 - Terminology

I've mentioned that I'm writing a book about "regression-rescue" (which is coming along nicely, thank you, in this third decade after I started it :) ). One of the issues I am dealing with is that of wording - taking into account the massive amount of learning I have done in the intervening decades.

Basically what a lot of that boils down to is what some people dismiss as "political correctness". As someone who is fed up with burying people driven to commit suicide as a result of discrimination, most of which is "only words", I know that such dismissiveness is irresponsible and downright stupid - it is a great way to earn lots of negative karma, very close to as much as you would if you were doing the verbal abusing yourself.

So, I've been rethinking some of the terminology I have been using - begin with the point that using "white light" for positive has racist connotations. If I look at the alternatives:
  • "divine" (as in "Divine Light" can be anti-pagan, as since I'm pagan that won't do);
  • I'm OK with "positive", but some people use it in the sense that I would use definitive;
  • I'm not OK with constructive, because of engineering experience (it sounds like a building site, to me), but others are.
After considerable reflection, what I've come up with is "balanced positive", which owes much to "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth" by Stuart Holroyd (which I reviewed here), and thus I will refer to getting help from the "Balanced Positive Forces", or BPF, rather than the "Divine Light Forces" (DLF) or spiritually constructive forces.

Of course, really, the best solution is for each group or person to find what works best for them.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags: communication, discrimination, society,

First published: Sunnudagr, 9th October, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 9th October, 2011