Thursday 7 August 2008

Post No. 045 - The spoken word


A close relative of mine was married to an aboriginal man for a few years, spent living up in the Kimberleys. It was quite an experience, good and bad, and she has given me some interesting insights from time to time. One recent one was a reason that aborigines don't mention the dead: to help them pass over.

When I heard this, it resonated with me, as it actually ties in with other material I've learned over the years, particularly from my spiritualist days and from reading Rampa’s books. Calling a name in the physical will, if the person is within earshot and has sufficient hearing (not all do; one of my friends is profoundly deaf), get that person’s attention. Calling mentally to someone, particularly if they are close to you emotionally, can accomplish the same sort of thing – get their attention on non-physical levels. Screaming at someone with all the emotion of grief will also forcibly get the attention of a deceased loved one, and may actually tend to pull them back – after all, the person grieving is, in part, not wanting the loved one to go. The description in Rampa is of trying to talk to someone while someone else is tugging at one’s clothes.

I find that just thinking of someone close to me who has passed over will possibly be enough to establish a connection (an awareness of presence), but that may be because I have done so much rescue work and am sensitive to pathways/connections between this world and the next. For others, if you wish to avoid holding your loved one in an earthbound condition, maybe there is reason to consider something like this – although I do not consider it should be for forever: for most people, a week or two would be sufficient. Unfortunately, I don’t see how this could be combined with normal, healthy grieving.

I’ll keep thinking. I might also expand on this topic to cover avoiding calling something in by not referring to it vs. aiming to be strong enough to cope with energies that are drawn in when mentioned (or even using that to draw energies in to be cleared, which is a very specific variation to mantra work).

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is of Mt Wellington, near Hobart, Tasmania (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Wellington_%28Tasmania%29)

Tags: daily life, emotions, energy work, indigenous, invocation, earthbound, grief,
First published: Thursday 7th August, 2008
Last edited: Thursday 7th August, 2008

No comments: