Sunday 21 August 2011

Post No. 302 - Professionalism

We have been watching the BBC TV series "Primeval" of late. As a digression, that has led to some fascinating things for me such as lucid dreams where I have met some of the nonphysical inhabitants of oceans - creatures like ocean equivalent of Nature Spirits ... and blue whales, which I have loved ever since I was a kid. (My primary partner pointed out that it was a bit ironic that my first ever Haiku was about blue whales ... )

Now, this series possibly has a smallish budget, which means "not a lot of actors:, but even so, this bunch of allegedly professional characters is, at time, not very professional. Some examples:
- approaching and entering a building without having scouted and secured the perimeter - which is like doing psychic work without establishing protection? (I know a few ex-military people, and many of them still circle a new place - even if that only means drive round the block - before they go there - and a few other people who have not had military training do that.)
- going through an anomaly without basic, obvious stuff like water, weapons, ways of sheltering oneself in extreme conditions - perhaps even a small bottle of oxygen?

Still, the series is entertaining - and one statement was made which is the core of professionalism: a comment to the effect that, despite "good efforts", the team had failed at achieving something it wanted to do.

Now, this is a core part of rescuing uncooperatives: don't fail.

Valiant efforts don't count: results do, as these entities are actively causing very considerable harm. More importantly, if you do fail in rescue of an uncooperative, then you have just told all the world of your limit, and every uncooperative you come across may well have arranged sufficient support to push you just beyond that point.

If you wish to get involved in rescue, and do not want to take on that level of responsibility, then specify such to your guides.

Oh, by the way, I think there is a place for professionalism elsewhere as well - for instance, see here. I have had a policy for several decades of only taking payment for a service (if it is something I would consider taking payment for - many things I refuse payment for) to the extent that my client is willing to pay. There are energy benefits for me in that, as I don't wind up with the negative energy of resentment being given to me, but it also has given me a strong driver to be as good as possible in the work I do. I don't say "that's the best I can do given the resources I have", I consider how to get the resources I need if I actually, genuinely do need more resources in order to accomplish something.

In the case of much psychic work, that comes down to being prepared to ask for help - and accept it (which can be a very hard lesson for many of us! Especially proud, stubborn, independent people like me ... but I have got better at accepting help, and am now grateful for the support I have), including the help that is most common: non-physical help from people like Guides. This is particularly important in the case of rescuing uncooperatives.

Oh, that help from Guides may include being told off if you're not being professional enough :)

This is particularly important in the case of rescuing uncooperatives.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags: attitudes, rescue, responsibility, rofessionalism, uncooperative,

First published: Sunnudagr, 21st August, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 21st August, 2011