Monday 12 February 2018

Post No. 1,129 - Season Six “Grimm” and “Pay Me and I'll Spend”

We've finally got Season Six of the TV series Grimm out here. It's largely a continuation of the violence, dramatic emotions and family drama that script writers are addicted to, but despite that there are still some good, entertaining moments - overall, I enjoyed it.

The one bit that really griped, however, was the continued utter rubbish about the extent to which one's physical bloodlines matter.

That is rot: it doesn't matter anywhere near as much as the choices one makes, and those are connected to one's spiritual "bloodlines" (sequence of incarnations, significant influences, etc). That was always an important criticism of the fundamental thesis of "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" (which can be described as an earlier, non-fiction version of "The Da Vinci Code"), apart from the inevitable dilution that would render claimed magical significance probably moot.

There are unquestionably physical effects from our heritage - our DNA: we know that, but don't know all of this. Some DNA characteristics do  become active, others don't, for instance.

I published a link a few months ago about the significance of extracellular material around DNA (which I haven't tracked down yet - sorry). Some years ago, I wrote about Danny Vendramini’s Them and Us (pub. Kardoorair Press, Glebe, 2009, ISBN 9780908244775; Amazon) - and that post also covered Richard Dawkins' book "The Selfish Gene" and Desmond Morris’ book “The Naked Ape” pub. 1967, hardback: ISBN 0070431744; reprint: ISBN 0-385-33430-3).

Most importantly, I covered the fact that we can, by self-analysis and intelligent thinking and action, overcome and better our destructive predispositions: we can CHOOSE to manifest "the better angels of our nature". (Danny Vendramini also published a theory on the effect of emotion on evolution - the TEEM [which I think stands for Trauma Encoded Emotional Memory] theory, which I will read more on one day.)

We can also better use any positive predispositions we have by the same self-analysis and intelligent thinking and action.

Going back to spiritual theory, at the level of our Higher Self, we are ALL immensely powerful - we are, at that level, ALL co-creators of this reality. To pretend that our psychic or spiritual power depends on who our physical forebears were is simplistic nonsense. Some people may find being psychic or spiritual easier, whether because of nurture or nature or both, but ALL have equality of access to spirituality and psychism, although it may take work - and others who seem "gifted" or "lucky" on that have possibly expended that effort over quite a few lifetimes, not just the years in this life.

Before I end this, I'll add a link to my new post on my political blog: "Collective Unthinkingness and the Loss of Workers' Rights" (aka "Pay Me and I'll Spend").

PS - a late thought is that the clearest example I can make of our ability to overcome the influence of DNA is that it is generally accepted that our biology biases us towards liking salt, sugar and fat in our diet: but if we are aware of why too much of those is bad for us, we can choose to eat healthily. It all comes down to "Know Thyself" ...

I apologise for publishing these posts twice, but Blogger keeps changing my formatting. I can either publish it and then correct it, or save and close the post and correct it when I reopen it, but that leaves an extra copy in my "drafts" folder ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings
Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear") 
Pagan Energy Worker, Wéofodthegn, Bellatrix Lux, Venatrix Maga, would-be Drýicgan
I am revamping my former website, and getting at least one other underway.
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here
There is also a Yahoo group at https://au.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/gnwmythr-discussion/info.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible. 
May the best in me, my Higher Self,
and those of the Clear Light who assist me,
help me to keep myself grounded, centred and shielded,
to be Balanced and a Fulcrum of Balance,
a centre of Balanced Positivity and Spiritual Maturity,
with my aura continuously cleansed, cleared and closed,
repelling all negative or unwanted energies,
whilst allowing positive, balancing and healing energies in and through.
The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral. Returning violence with violence only multiplies violence, add deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.

Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon

 

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our Mӕgan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk & accept that all insistence on the use of “trans” as a descriptor comes with commensurate use of “cis” as a descriptor to prevent “othering” (just as binary gendered [men’s and women’s] sporting teams are either both given the gender descriptor, or neither).

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/