Friday 31 August 2018

Post No. 1,202 - Thoughts from the Week

This week the company I work for in my day job started operating out of new offices in my home city's "Docklands" precinct. I find the architecture of the new buildings poor - in fact, the disjointed facades of many of the new buildings leaves me disoriented and close to physically ill, unless I put particular effort into keeping myself shielded and grounded. I'm not surprised it took so long for this area to take off (the Wikipedia article includes "While still incomplete, Docklands developer-centric planning [which probably reflects it origins under a neoliberal state government] has been widely criticised and many Melbourne politicians and media commentators lament its lack of green open space, pedestrian activity, transport links and culture"), and personally consider the architects responsible for the facades should line up - behind those moronic architects who stupidly and irresponsibly removed eaves from Australian homes - for some proper architectural refresher courses. 

The interiors of the new buildings, however, are well done - too much flashy glass and steel for my tastes, but they work well, and demonstrate the best of architecture (and yes, I am aware it was probably the same lot of those who did the exteriors). The work spaces we have are too small for comfort and are lacking privacy, and some of the team allocations could be improved, but that won't change until the cost cutting of this approach is demonstrably offset by the loss of productivity, and we're not there yet for most people. (The move was the best I've ever experienced in four decades of working.)

The floors we're in have, I think, been briefly occupied, but there's not been a lot of use: as a result, the energy was mostly OK. I cleared three columns of nonBPM energy near my desk, but there were no residuals or earthbound entities on my floor. In fact, the change of scene has helped many of the highly stressed people release some of the nonBPM energy they had accumulated at our old workplace (I'm doing a little work to see if any of that needs to be dealt with, but there are bigger problems in the world).

This area used to be what is described as a "swamp". That probably means it was a water wonderland with good food opportunities for the original Indigenous people, which the invading whites didn't recognise. Be that as it may, it has had a history that involved slums and similar problems, but I cannot discern any residual energies from those times (which probably lasted half to one century, and we've had a century of busy activity disrupting those energies and mixing them into the unsettled, hyper-active energies associated  with a fair few old port areas.

The area needs open space with greenery, and maybe a moving water feature flowing in a winding pattern through the area to start clearing the energy problems and allow a settling down of energies.

The area adjoins one of Melbourne's main railway stations: Southern Cross station. That was rebuilt in the early 2000s with a wave-shaped roof which did a magnificent job of balancing, harmonising and dispersing energy - some people (who are often  hyper-masculine, in my experience) find the feminine aspects of this unsettling, but I love it, and always have. Docklands needs that sort of architecture (or, as I mentioned, a large water feature and park: I might have to write to my politicians and suggest that [which I'm not expecting to succeed, but it plants a seed for the future that other seeds may accrue to ... not that I'm mixing metaphors or anything]).

Elsewhere in the world, I found that the northern half of Saudi Arabia and the Egyptian-Libyan border had a lot of intense nonBPM energy that needed clearing this week, plus the usual low key stuff throughout the USA. There were also areas in parts of Europe, Central and West Asia, and burma.

Rescues were all of soldiers this week - mostly cooperatives.