Friday 11 July 2008

Post No. 043 - Workplaces


I’ve been making a few decisions lately: one of the key ones was whether to stay in my current job, or accept an offer from another company. My decision was based on what was best for my personal growth, not necessarily what was easiest. As I wrote on another online article:

Work has been interesting for me of late because the company I am in is being sold. Effectively that means we get transferred to another company (this is the 3rd time this has happened to me - I have held the same job for 23 years, but the desk has been slid around a bit), but I have also been considering another job offer that would involve less staff, less stress and less work (they said I wouldn't have much on my plate for a while): in a sense I turned that down because it involved less stress - where I am now, and where I am going to, will be stressful (there's the stress of a brand new company and new systems for a start, whereas the other offer is from people I know and have worked with; both roles would involve building teams - in the case of the other offer from from scratch), but that will lead to me refining my ability to manage people (and hence work with group dynamics) and personal growth (if nothing else, how to manage stress :) , although I have more chance of learning from others this way as well: the new offer would have meant I was the only senior professional in my field, and this way there are quite a few others I can learn from).
Now that you’ve read that, consider my previous post about psychic attack: ever considered how much negative energy there is in the workplace, due to stress, impatience with other people’s priorities, clashes of personality, etc. I see lots of opportunity to do (psychic) good in many workplaces :) How? By clearing the negative energy, stimulating positive links (see some of my original posts), and choosing to be a source of cheerfulness.


Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo was taken at Port Sorell, Tasmania (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Sorell,_Tasmania).

Tags: about me, change, psychic attack, purpose, interpersonal interactions, mirrorology, growth, daily life, work


First published: Friday 11th July, 2008
Last edited: Friday 11th July, 2008

No comments: