Saturday 1 May 2010

Post No. 110 - Reflection: repeating patterns ...

There is a view that I have read a few times) that the developing human foetus repeats various evolutionary stages as it is develops: that is, it looks a bit like a fish - albeit with arms and legs), then it looks a bit like something else, then it looks a bit something else, and so on. It's all very debateable, and a bit like those visual puzzles where if you squint to the left it looks like a mouse, and if you squint to the right it looks like an elephant :D

However, this idea resonates a bit with me when I look back at my life, and see some key themes from my past lives repeated: my interest in flying, which was from a recent life, came through initially, then my interest in nature, then my interest in sailing and the sea, and, finally, my interest in spirituality. The order doesn't necessarily relate to the order I lived it in, or even the importance, and only seems to relate top things before I was an adult, but it is an interesting way to review one's life.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Tags: evolution, past lives, cross-fertilisation (ideas),

First published: Saturday 1st May, 2010, first day of the pagan year

Last edited: Wednesday 12th May, 2010