Sunday 6 November 2011

Post No. 336 - Hide and seek, firewalking, M.A.U.L. and uncooperatives

Heard an interesting explanation of the "purpose" of reality: that it is Deity playing hide-and-seek with itself. That is interesting if you've read Jane Roberts' "Oversoul 7" novels, where the protagonist, the Oversoul known as Seven, is directing and experiencing the lives of parallels, and growing as they grow - partly through, more or less, being reminded of parts of itself.

Certainly my growth, at times, feels as much about "remembering" or re-discovering parts of myself that are parts of Deity - well, I know the whole lot of me is actually Deity, but this is different to the developing of new skills, attributes, awareness, etc type of growth.

That in turn ties in with:
  • the notion that the Order of Scathach is eloquent on, which is that Deity is something within us, not something outside us, and that we (in my words) tune in, rather than invoke,
  • the definition of Deity in "Briefing for the Landing on Planet Earth" by Stuart Holroyd, which I reviewed here (and the successor book, "The Only Planet of Choice", published under the name of the medium from Briefing and subsequently, Phyllis V. Schlemmer, I reviewed here), that Deity grows on love;
  • the concept of giving up one's life experience to "The Eagle" in (the controversial) Carlos Castenada's work; and
  • the concept of involution and evolution in Wicca, whereby parts of the Goddess split off to create souls, and then journey back to become one with her.
Our experiences, our learning, our growth and our love all help Deity to grow ... and, as we are all, in essence, parts of Deity, I can see all that as a sort of game of hide-and-seek that Deity is playing with aspects of itself - us.

Another point from the talk was about learning to firewalk. Now, I'm in two minds about whether this is connected to laws of physics or metaphysics (follow the link, have a read, and then a think :) ), but, in any case, I think with such things I would rather use the Six Yogas of Naropa techniques and learn to handle fire in the astral (i.e., while dreaming) first, and then think about whether I want to try it in the physical ... but I'm not too big on "miracles" anyway.

A third point triggered by this talk was on the subject of the "opposite of Light". Many people, in my experience, tend to view this as being whatever is "evil", and tend to use words such as negative or "dark". Now the energies can, indeed, be murky, but black itself can be a positive colour (e.g., it can be used for grounding or protection), so using "dark" as the "opposite" of light is not really correct (and has the problem of all the connotations I've raised previously). In fact, the opposite of enlightenment is "unenlightenment" - things like ignorance, or ignorant behaviour, not being aware. When I was a Buddhist, failing to think carefully and learn was probably the greatest "sin". When I was a human rights activist (well, I still am that), education - particularly to increase awareness was the greatest tool for achieving change fore the better. So ... in future, I will aim to train myself to use "unlight" as the "opposite" of Light, much as I use BPF rather than DLF - see here for an explanation :) .

In my usual quirkiness, I am tempted to use "Murkiness and Un-Light", which gives me the acronym M.A.U.L., but ... nah, better just stick to "unlight": I can live with explaining that, M.A.U.L. gets a bit much ...

Oh, by the way, I think a lot of the start of what we now consider unlight is disharmony - simple clashes between people's energies that they didn't have the awareness and skill to manage in a mature (there's that theme again :) ) way.

Finally, I'd like to share a link from the Spirit Rescuers website to one of my other favourite rescue sites, the UK Spirit Rescue &Clearance website, about one approach towards what I term uncooperatives: turning them "around", into positive entities - see here.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags:

First published: Sunnudagr, 6th November, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 6th November, 2011