Thursday 26 January 2012

Post No. 367 - Yet more reading, speculations and other stuff

I'll begin this some more reading links.
  • I never thought I'd refer people to a Christian site, but the following articles on the etymology of the word "God" are interesting: http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/God.htm and http://bibleanswerstand.org/God_2.htm
Now, some more speculations.

Being at peace does not come from enforced physical relaxation. It comes from the inner peace of knowing you are growing, dealing with your proper responsibilities and working spiritually as you intended.

You can never escape anyone - even they or you move or die, your souls still exist, bound together by ties of like or dislike, so you may as well start resolving matters now. Of course, one or, more likely, both of you may have to change to more evolved beings to do that, but that's not so impossible.

There are circumstances when forgiveness is irresponsible: it teaches the person forgiven that their behaviour doesn't really matter, as they won't be held to account.

I have occasionally been asked what is the harm in focusing on loving those near to you - family and friends. The problem is the insularity, which is a form of conditionality upon the love you manifest. If you cannot help a stranger within reach with greater need ahead of your friend or family member, then you are not loving unconditionally, and thus are missing the greatest lesson of the Universe. Who is most harmed by this? Neither your friend nor the stranger in greater need ... it is you.

If you attempt to teach someone who is immature to negotiate, you wind up with a manipulator. If you attempt to teach someone who is unready about spirituality, you wind up with someone religious.

I have a fairly reasonable karmic status at the moment, going by the relatively quick (week or so) turnaround for test incidents that I use. With that, and my practical skills and experience, it still takes me around 18 months to 2 years to change key aspects of my life. That's based on a few things, mostly the time it took me to get back on the water, sailing, after I made a commitment to do so. (Actually, just last night, as I write this, I let someone go ahead of me in the supermarket checkout queue because he had only one item, and he gave me $2 of his change: maybe my karma is doing better than I think -well, the good karma, at any rate :) )

On the sailing, the skipper of the boat I was on made some incredibly arrogant comments, such as other boats should not be on a race course: well, that would be nice, but the waters are governed by authorities beyond the sailing club, and unless they have granted you sole access, you share, sport, you share!!!

Other stuff

I was recently asked by work to consider going to Kenya to work on design of water an wastewater facilities. I chose not to, because of their appalling record when it comes to LGBTIQ people - I don't really fancy going to a place where there is a significant risk of me being basked in the streets for simply being who I am. That's the problem with bigots: they never realise (or think) that they could lose out, and yet they do - in this case, they miss out of having the services of an experienced, capable engineer for much needed community services.

I was recently looking through a publication covering the Six Yogas of Naropa ("Esoteric Teachings of the Tibetan Tantra", from the Sacred Texts website), and it struck me that some of the initial work is very similar to the chakra work I learned under the Correllian system. I might have to explore that connection further - some of it very clearly is not, and some of it ties in with my ideas of the levels connected to each chakra, but such lateral cross-connections are something I find fascinating, and often beneficial.

I have, for many, many years, been scrupulous about closing down my psychic sensing when I am out and about - at work, for instance. I found just a few days ago that, if I leave my chakras a bit activated and myself a bit open, I can actually USE my skills - hence, for instance, I found that I was able to use what most people describe as the second chakra to set up an effective shield against some backstabbing. Hmmm. I clearly must reconsider the balance between closing down and actually using what I know ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags: addictions, chakras, closing down, discrimination, drugs, environment, karma, protection, society

First published: Thorsdagr, 26th January, 2012 - Invasion Day

Last edited: Thursday, 26th January, 2012