Monday 12 October 2015

Post No. 772 - “living meditation” and others thoughts [discussion on "negative" perceptions, stereotypes, harm]


I’d like to post a few miscellaneous thoughts, beginning with the phrase “living meditation”. This came to me when I was writing a reply to a post on a website that I am on, as part of a discussion on meditation. My comment was along the lines of there being various types of meditation – e.g., I consider Tai Chi a form of moving meditation, and many people find gardening a form of meditation (I find most contact with natural energies to be akin to the relaxation form of meditation … but I also love storms :) ), and the thought came to me that the way people live their lives could also, if they wish, be approached as if it was a form of meditation – for instance, the life of someone dedicated to sport could be considered a meditation on physicality, someone dedicated to science could be considered to be living a meditation on knowledge, or if dedicated to philosophy or some forms of yoga a meditation on the mind. A fairly obvious one would be to say that someone who has chosen a “religious life” (i.e., a nun or monk) has chosen a meditation on religion (not necessarily spirituality), whereas someone trying to be spiritual in a non-seclude life might be living a meditation on spirituality (or, possibly, on balance).
Just another tool (perspective) that might be of some use :)
(I’ve just come across this collection of brief suggestions regarding various approaches to meditation from, I am surprised to say, one of those wannabe Jedi / Jediism sites. I’ll leave you, Dear Reader, to make up your mind about it :) )
Although it is very New Agey and thus a bit off-putting (for me – and, as a result, I didn’t watch every single bit of the embedded film), and I have a few technical disagreements on what I did see (which I won’t discuss, Dear Reader, as I want you to read and think about this for yourself), the advantages of connection with earth energy are well discussed here. This is different to grounding, which also provides a form of contact with earth energies. Contact with natural energies can include things like contact with wind and water – for instance, sailing and swimming. Also, getting out of urban areas (i.e., cities and towns) is good, as it reduces the psychic noise of humanity down to a level where one can become aware of the natural energies of the world. The Japanese, incidentally, are aware of this concept – have been for some time, and refer to it as “forest bathing”.
(How do people in spacecraft cope without this, then?)
Next, I’ve come across an adaptation of the Qabbalistic (the spelling indicates the type of Qabbalah, often) “Tree of Life”, located here. In the case I have come across, that structure has been used to provide a basis for classification of extraterrestrial influences. I haven’t tried to view things that way previously, and I always think trying to simplify things to polar opposites is risky (e.g., see here), so I cannot comment on the accuracy, nor the usefulness, but it is interesting - and well done to someone for effort.
I am very dubious about the evolution of time and consciousness diagram.
Next: places and/or people and/or cultures one feels negative about.
Someone recently posed a question about a culture they had negative feelings about. The person asked if there was any inherent difference between that, and another culture they had positive feelings about. Replies included typical comments about karma, and typical – incorrect - comments about those being victim blaming.
Now, as I’ve written elsewhere, not everything that happens to us is karma (if you’re going to bleat on about karma being victim blaming, remember that you are also blaming others for their happiness as well). Setting aside the FACT that karma applies equally to good things, a “bad” experience could be a test of us, a test of those about us (I’ve been through several of those lately – with mixed results on the part of those supposed to help me), a learning experience … or it could indeed be karma.
Few people are capable of the objectivity needed to sort of which one of these causes is happening in any given situation – and certain psychic / spiritual skills are also required.
If I experience something unpleasant as a result of karma, I’m actually pleased as:

(a) the experience has an end – I do NOT have to change/grow, as I would if this was a learning experience, and I am not reliant on others, as I would be if this is a test of others (if I make the same mistake that created that batch of karma, I will create another batch of karma - separate issue);
(b) the techniques I written about here and here can be used (provided one learns) to minimise the amount of karma one experiences. In this sense, far from being victim blaming, it is actually enabling – but, I do admit it is not always taught that way, and many misteach the concept in a way that is victim blaming. That doesn’t make those erring pseudo-teachers right.

Now, going back to the question that was posted, the reasons one could have negative associations with places and/or people and/or cultures includes (and this is not exhaustive):
  • one could have been a victim of someone who had, or seemed to have, a strong association with the place/person/culture concerned (that association may be wrong: consider, for instance, if you had been a child, and relied on the incorrect advice of someone you looked up to in forming that association);
  • one could have done something wrong oneself as a member of the culture or when living in the place or possibly even having been (in a previous incarnation) the person concerned, and be in a state of denial and/or guilt – or fear over karma due to come back at some stage.
Your emotions are not an indicator of some fundamental / universal truism / fault in others (or yourself, for that matter). Learn to ground, and then meditate.
Next, gender stereotypes.
I have, several times – recently, and in the past - come across comments in a group aimed at fostering spiritual development which are, in my view, naïve at best and dangerous at worst, and show a failure to appreciate the physical and other violence of gender roles. This is a frustration I’ve felt before, and reflects one of the major reasons I don’t have much to do with traditional spiritual/mystical orders: the view that the state of the world doesn’t matter, provided one is personally overcoming it – or that improving the self is sufficient to improve the world. It isn’t.
Those who have a skill, have a moral (i.e., spiritual) duty to USE it responsibly – and that often means doing what you can to make the world a place that, if it isn’t better, is at least “not bad” enough that people can make decisions and choices free of controlling influences – that is one of the major reasons I do my clearing and healing work. It also goes further: if you saw someone with a gun killing people, and you had the ability to stop them (e.g., you’re a member of the police and have full back-up- I’m excluding most other idiots with guns), you are facing a test and do not say “it is up to the victims of the gunman to evolve to a state where they cannot be shot”, you stop the gunman.
People with spiritual insight and skills such as contact with BPLF Guides are in the situation of the police in that example: they have the capability to act safely and effectively (if circumstances are otherwise, this may NOT apply), and thus the moral and spiritual DUTY to do so.
Including when the situation is something of the physical world, such as psychic control, a need for rescue – perhaps of entities inflaming a war of hindering efforts to relieve poverty, poverty, famines, droughts (consider, at this point, the sort of work a tribal shaman would be expected to do), and gender stereotypes.
This possibly gets more annoying for me than others with an interest in spiritual matters, as I have a history of social activism.
Next, balanced positivity. There is what appears to be an inherent contradiction between at least some of what I have written about on gender stereotypes and places etc one has negative feelings about. It is worth meditating on that, to determine one’s own views on the limits and coexistences of contradictory principles – such as the traditional concepts of the “Law of Attraction, and “opposites attract” (in the physical world, consider, say, osmosis vs. the polarity effects of magnetism).
As a final comment, I recall reading, in one of Lobsang Rampa’s books, how he had been harmed by an absent healing. I’m aware of the possibility, if those attempting to do that are failing to work to the Highest Spiritual Good, or failing to use protection, or are dead set on ramming their will that the patient be the healer’s version of better no matter what, but I haven’t come across it personally – until now. Well, recently. Someone I physically know in the physical world - not someone connected to me via this blog - did exactly that, and the sensation was terrible. Fortunately, I was able to reject the energy (I haven’t been as good as I should with keeping my protection up, these last few months, so it did get into my aura). I suppose, on the plus side, it shows that the  young person concerned is becoming less selfish than he has been. 
And finally, here are a couple of sketches of ideas I've had for a while, but haven't had the time/energy/money/opportunity to bring into being yet. Perhaps someone else can - I certainly hope so :)


[1] BPLF = Balanced Positive (spiritual) Light Forces. See here and here for more on this. 
[2] Please see here, here and my post "The Death of Wikipedia" for the reasons I now recommend caution when using Wikipedia. I'm also exploring use of h2g2, although that doesn't appear to be as extensive (h2g2 is intended - rather engagingly - to be the Earth edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy").
[3] I apologise for the formatting: it seems Blogger is no longer as WYSIWYG as it used to be, and there are a lot of unwanted changes to layout made upon publishing, so I often have to edit it immediately after publishing to get the format as close to what I want as possible.

Love, light, hugs and blessings
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear"; ... aka Bellatrix Lux … aka Morinehtar … would-be drýicgan or maga ... )
My "blogiography" (list of all posts and guide as to how to best use this site) is here, and my glossary/index is here.

I started this blog to cover karmic regression-rescue (see here and here), and it grew ... See here for my group mind project, here and here for my "Pagans for Peace" project (and join me for a few minutes at some time between 8 and 11 PM on Sunday, wherever you are, to meditate-clear for peace), and here for my bindrune kit-bag. I also strongly recommend learning how to flame, ground and shield, do alternate nostril breathing, work with colour, and see also here and be flexible.

The real dividing line is not between Christianity and Islam, Sunni and Shia, East and West. It is between people who believe in coexistence, and those who don’t.
Tom Fletcher, Former UK Ambassador to Lebanon 

Tags:attitudes, Balanced Positivity, discrimination, emotions, healing, meditation, personal responsibility, protection, society,
First published: Manadagr, 12th October, 2015
Last edited (excluding fixing typo's and other minor matters): Monday, 12th October, 2015