Wednesday 4 January 2017

Post No. 970 - Eureka!

Occasionally I come across something that makes me feel less like a wild prophet crying out in the wilderness, and this article, about the operating costs of the stupid houses we Aussies keep building, is one such example.

It's well worth a read - especially the comments about assumptions that heating/cooling are enough (which I have been "preaching" for nearly four decades now), but I would add the significance of heat mass, use of geostabilisation, importance of verandahs, and that houses everywhere need both heating and cooling issues to be considered - I've been cold in houses in Queensland, and far too hot in houses in Melbourne. 

 

WLNGRHDMT


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram and Mastodon

Finally, remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, and to mind our Mӕgan.