Wednesday 13 June 2007

Post No. 006 - About me


I'm still working out how to drive this blogging thing, so I'll make this post about my background. This based largely on the info I've provided over at http://qabalist.org/q-blog

To begin with, Gnwmythr is (an approximation of) my spirit name, and came to me in a dream. The G is silent, so it is pronounced "new-myth-ear".

A nearly 50year old female, my spiritual history includes:
- Tibetan Buddhism (the major influence on me until recently - I like the ethics, the breathing exercises and the chants),
- past life regressions,- mirrorology (which, in my words, is turning negatives around by seeing positives such as the potential to learn/grow from unpleasant experiences),
- spiritualism (where I learned a great deal about healing; I also learned about mediumship [although I don’t do readings, as I’ve seen too many people become - in my opinion - too dependent on those rather than taking personal responsibility and developing and/or using their own abilities, including the ability to think]),
- rescue of earthbound/lost souls (which I started in my spiritulist days)
- shamanism,
- Qabbalah
- Ancient Egypt,
- Wicca (my girlfriend and I had a pagan handfasting for our committment ceremony, and
- I have celebrated regular full moon circles and the solstices for quite a few years).

I’ve been re-evaluating that mix, including my growing interest in the Goddess and Celtic traditions, following my attendance at the first (Australian) National Queer Spirituality Conference in November, 2003. I am currently exploring Druidry (including trying to learn Welsh - my maternal grandmother in my birth family is of Welsh heritage), and finding this extremely rewarding.

In my everyday life I’m a civil engineer designing wastewater treatment plants - and am pleased at the growing interest in recycling. Other influences include sailing, and interests in human rights and my various families. I currently live in the State of Victoria, Australia, near the (State capital) city of Melbourne.
As a final note, the photo is from the trip I referred to in my post "Living Future Dreams Now", and was taken near Ararat (on the "return" journey, which was actually to northern Victoria).

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
Tags: about me, Buddhism, Druid, energy work, gnwmythr, mirrorology, New Age, past lives, Qabbalah, regression, rituals, shamanism, spiritualism
First published: 13th June, 2007
 

No comments: