Sunday 6 June 2010

Post No. 119 - Hatred, and pouring oil onto ... oil


This morning, while meditating, I continued doing some energy work to help in whatever way I can with the terrible Gulf of Mexico oil spill - actually, I should first expand on that point.

It is a bit of a personal philosophy - that I was taught by various people: didn't come into this life with it - that there is ALWAYS something that one can do. In the case of the oil spill, I can send healing to those who are working to clear up the spill, or those about them. I can send "clear thinking" energy (healing, but at a mental level rather than a physical) to those trying to develop ("plan") a solution - including those at BP, and healing on all levels to the Guides of those involved.

Guides tend to get taken for granted - as do crystals. I make a practice of sending healing and thanks to my Guides from time to time (I try to make that as regular as I can), just as I send healing and thanks to whatever part of Mother Earth my crystals have come from

I have to say, it isn't actually literally ALWAYS, or doesn't seem that way: when my (adoptive) mother had cancer, I couldn't cure that. There are, of course, issues of free will (especially at soul level) that come in here, but there was also quite simply a limit to my healing abilities: I don't do miracle cures ... BUT I could and did send healing to Mum and my family to help with our attitude and adjustment to what was happening. Maybe that worked, or contributed in some way, as I noticed my Dad had a major change of heart towards talking about things (including emotions), group work and other alternative approaches. (Mind you, he had taken part in some fairly early experiments with meditation through his job: we have often joked about how the whole family would be lying on the loungeroom floor, "being fluffy white clouds" - this was back in the 60s: now, I know how stressful a job [1] he must have had, probably for us [have a stressful job now myself, largely for the {extended} family :) ], and also how surprisingly advanced his employer [a bank that was swallowed up by another] must have been.) In particular, for a male of his generation, talking about emotions is a major breakthrough. Maybe that was why Mum chose (at a soul level) to go early ...

Anyway, going back to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, as I wrote, there is - more or less - always (no caps this time!) something you can do. In my case, that involves sending healing on all levels to as many people as possible who are involved - whether for the better or for the worse.

Yes, I wrote "for the worse": I am sending healing to the executives and engineers [2] at BP AND Transocean, the company who owned and operated the Deepwater Horizon rig (and may have more than covered their costs through overinsurance, although I couldn't find the article I recently read about that - hope it wasn't removed for factual error; ultimately that will probably be changed by their share of final costs), who are responsible for this situation occurring, and any ongoing actions - good or bad - in response to it. I want those people to minimise or avoid totally the bad, and maximise what they can do that is decent (the "good"). What I have found from past work in such situations, including lobbying that I have been involved in, is that these people are mostly human beings (well, all are, actually), but they have values different to mine. They mostly DO have families, and people they care about in some way (NOT all, in this case - some do actually care for profits as if the money was a person: I have had the profound misfortune of working for such people in the past, decades ago, during the years of "greed is good"). In any case, making them feel attacked and trapped is rarely, if ever, going to get them to change: providing facts in a calm, clear way is, in my experience, the most effective way of getting them to change.

With respect to energy work, triggering their conscience is, in my experience, the best thing someone not directly involved can help. This is also where marches and other public action can help, by showing that actions taken by companies are cared about by consumers (yes, you ARE ethically responsible for what you buy ...) and DO matter - public campaigns about sweatshops and other wrongs have been absolutely invaluable, and is another form of activism that I take part in.

However, the hate energy that I found being directed to these people while I was meditating this morning (it was definitely not "just anger") is not helpful. It makes the efforts of people such as myself harder, as the first thing we have to do is fight the inflammatory energy which is being sent - what is the "oil onto (non-burning, in this case) oil", in a sense, has to be cleaned up before we can get to the underlying problem.

It is understandable that such hatred exists: this disaster WILL destroy lives - human lives, affected by the loss of income (I've heard one fisherman talk about the trouble he experienced after Hurricane Katrina, and how he expected the loss of income from this disaster would put him in jail because he couldn't make his family support payments [3]), just as much as it will kill birds, fish, crabs, trees and other animal, insect and plant marine and littoral (coastal) life. All that is perfectly understandable. But it still doesn't help the situation ...

You know the old religious admonitions to have unconditional love? Well, apart from the philosophy and ethics of this, it is good, PRAGMATIC psychic advice. Damn hard to do, mind you, requires looking at your shadow self and changing as a person, but still good ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Notes:
  1. Dad actually told me of having people he was managing in tears in his office because a loan they had authorised, for significant amounts of dollars, had been defaulted on. In those days, however, banks actually had a bit of common sense, and would work to bail out customers if they could (some are starting to again), although there was a limit to how much "good money would be thrown after bad". Dad was - still is, bless 'is cotton socks - scathing about the changes in banking in the 80s and 90s here in Australia.
  2. There seems to be some evidence that the engineers at BP overruled concerns raised by one of their number about the casing wall thickness.
  3. The Obama administration has reportedly send a bill to BP for their costs to date. Well, that only covers the direct clean up costs - what about loss of income? Is the US Government going to force thousands of small people to take a gamble (and it IS a gamble - if they lose, they could be slugged with BP's legal costs [don't EVER believe the rubbish about no win-no cost legal actions: it is no win-no fees from your legal reps by maybe other sides legal fees awarded against you by the court]) by joining in a class action? That is, of course, IF they can - what if, for instance, the fisherman I heard being interviewed has already been sent to jail? How will he be able to join in? Is the Obama administration going to stand up for the small people affected by this, as well as for government costs - are they going to make sure the small people get some relief from mortgage and other payment requirements? BEFORE anyone is driven to commit suicide, or suffers serious loss of wellbeing from worry ... Not to mention the environment ...

This post's photo is from a time when I was living in small yacht on Western Port (often incorrectly referred to as "Westernport Bay"). Where I lived was a former mangrove swamp (which, sadly, was damaged for construction of the marina): we had fish breeding in the marina, crabs living in the mud - it was a plethora of life. It was also exceedingly fragile ... Westernport has lost seagrasses, sometimes thought by people to be as a result of a steel mill and oil & gas terminal (where they receive the raw product, and then pump it around 50km or more for processing; this is done because of the massive risks involved in oil/gas ships entering through Port Philip's heads (Port Phillip is also often referred to as "Port Philip Bay", or just "the Bay") although the loss may be due to agricultural effects - see here. Either way, I'm very aware, as a result of what happened in a place I was living, of the impacts humans can have on the environment.

Tags: attitudes, personal characteristics, personal responsibility, emotions, energy work, ethics, environmental, gratitude, guides, crystals,

First published: Sunday 6th June, 2010, D-Day

Last edited: Sunday 6th June, 2010