Thursday 30 September 2010

Post No. 154 - Rituals in space

For those who know The Muppets, I heard the title of this post along the lines of - and with apologies and all due worship to Miss Piggy - the recurring skit "Pigs in Space".

Moving right along, then.

I've been working on rituals for my local home conditions, based on the Kulin people seasons (I'll post a link when I find one to a previous post of mine on this :) ), which is an development from the "traditional" northern seasons being swapped and used in the southern hemisphere.

However, what will happen when people go into space - and that WILL happen, maybe in a few centuries, but it will happen?

What energies will those space dwellers become aware of? What Deities? If we have such fundamental changes from one hemisphere to the other, what changes will happen in space? Will there be something else that is the equivalent of "seasons"?

I've written about aliens before, but I'm also reading Sara Douglas' Axis trilogy, which talks of being tuning into "the dance of the stars" (bit like the music of the spheres, perhaps), and that has also helped me to this speculation. [1]

Update No. 1:
Actually, I'm finding it quite a useful exercise to tune into cosmic, stellar or interstellar energies. I live in an inner city suburb, and am well overdue for a trip to the bush (let alone getting out on the ocean for a while :) ), but this is not a bad substitute ...

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Notes:
  1. I am also working on a reinterpretation of the runes from the perspective of people dwelling amongst the stars - literally a "cosmic" viewpoint, in sense

 



  

 


This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: aliens, seasons, rituals, space travel, runes,

First published: Thursday 30th September, 2010

Last edited: Saturday 2nd October, 2010