Tuesday 7 September 2010

Post No. 151 - World peace, and the time it takes to change the world

About four or five years ago, I helped run an online Shrine in the pre-split version of the Correllian tradition. One of the things which came out of that was the Hope, Peace, Love and Prosperity spell [1], to be repeated on the 11th of each month. This was developed after a discussion on the causes and possible cures of conflict, and was set to the 11th as an anniversary of the Twin Towers attack, although it is also the anniversary day date of the First World War Armistice.

One of things I had talked to my guides and helpers about was how could we know that we were having some sort of influence - thinking particularly of the Middle East. I was told to watch for mention of the future being better for children. Well, oddly enough, I haven't noticed that much in the leaders' speeches (although I had in that of campaigners for peace - notably, in Northern Ireland [see here and here]), until recently - see here.

So ... maybe all this work is having an effect. Of course, maybe it is not. After all, there are many, many people thinking on conflict and peace, not all thinking constructively.

If we are being succesful, it has taken between one and two thousand trained witches about four years to do so.

Changing the world is a big thing: it takes persistance, but it can be done.

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Notes:
1. Hope, Peace, Love and Prosperity Ritual (11th of each month)

HOPE
May the winds of hope bloom
Sweeping away despair & sorrow
So that life again may grow
Building a better tomorrow
May hope clear the air and end
The darkling clouds of fear & pain
And bright beginnings send
That we may dare to dream again
May what was dark & overcast
Be now renewed & once more whole
Freed from all limitations past
Healed by hope within the soul
Awake now hope!
Spread wings & fly!
Cleanse & liberate my heart!
All things are possible and I
On wings of hope shall claim my part.

PEACE
May the Fires of Peace burn bright
Giving light when the world is darkest
Putting hate & bigotry to flight
And laying prejudice to rest
May the light of peace melt away
the encrustation of violence and bitterness which holds sway
So often in the worlds events
May peace transmute & tame
Unruly aggression and arrogance
Subdue them in humanities name
To give the future a decent chance
Thus I say and Thus I pray
And Thus I will it to come to be
I pray and work for peace this day
For all the world, for you, for me!

LOVE CALLING
May Love like water pour Forth
Filling my heart and soul
Flowing out over all the Earth
And making all things whole
Love as deep as the ocean
Clear as the mountain lakes
Crowning all other emotion
The Thirst of Humanity slakes
Love enters & heals the anchoring heart
And Washes away its pain
Thus clearing the way for a better start
To reach out & Love others again
Fill me oh love, like a cup to the top
Fill the world as well like a sea
That I may know love from the world without stop
And all the world know love from me

PROSPERITY BLESSING
Prosperity high as the mountains fastness
Prosperity rich as the fertile ground
Prosperity deeps as the caverns vastness
Prosperity wide as the World round
Prosperity helps heal the hating heart
Prosperity helps heal fear
Prosperity fosters the peace-makers art
Prosperity I call you here!
Prosperity come make us feel secure
Prosperity helps us love peace
Prosperity help us the future ensure
Prosperity I pray you increase
Prosperity I call you to manifest now
Prosperity rumble & shake!
Prosperity now in my life I allow
Prosperity like an earthquake!

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: peace, Middle East, persistence, change, war,

First published: Tuesday 7th September, 2010

Last edited: Tuesday 7th September, 2010