Wednesday 2 February 2011

Post No. 222 - Personal responsibility

As an initial comment, I have had the recent misfortune to hear a young person using the phrase "Do you know how that makes me feel?" Well, actually ... in the context concerned, it doesn't MAKE you feel anything: you CHOOSE your reactions, albeit through a long history of repetitions and choices. Saying something from normal, routine, everyday life "makes" you feel something is inane rubbish of the Big Brother TV series sort of rubbish.

Grrr!

I'm currently working on a book about "karmic regression-rescue", which is based on the type of past life regression I teach, which incorporates rescue and working with karmic energies (by learning; see here and here for some posts on this). Despite the essence of this method being based on karma, a point that I make in my book is that not everything is due to karma.

Some things happen for learning purposes, or so other people around the situation can be given the opportunity to show caring, and sometimes things happen as a result of people making mistakes. It's not all karmic.

However, some things are due to karma.

Something I have observed in some people is that they may be very reluctant to admit the possibility of them having been "evil" in a past life, no matter how distant. They may well be focused very much on doing good now, and may be doing so effectively, but, in my opinion, they have a very serious, very major flaw in themselves that they need to address.

Note that I am not commenting about a definite knowledge of past wrong doing, as may happen from a past life regression, but rather I am commenting on someone being unable to even admit to the possibility of having done wrong. To me this flaw is a bit like the flaws of those who become leaders without having made mistakes or, to use US vernacular, without having "lost" along the way, as I discussed here.

To put a slightly different take on this, being excessively positive can be as damaging as being excessively negative. There have been a few articles and discussions addressing this. Here is one I found when I started this post, which deals with some of the "toxicity" of the Oprah phenomena:
Where am I heading with all this?

Well, our level of personal responsibility is higher than many of us care to admit, but less than the impossible ideals that some would have us take on. At the risk of making my nearest and dearest cringe (sorry love), perhaps we can consider the "Serenity Prayer" (short version, and preferably a non-Christian version) ... and then give ourselves a kick up the backside!

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

This post's photo is yet to be posted.

Tags: karma, past life regression, past lives, personal responsibility

First published: Wodansdagr, 2nd February, 2011

Last edited: Wednesday, 2nd February, 2011