Monday 25 August 2014

Post No. 589 - The Tara Dale Chronicles: Tara, her Guides and Authentic Presence (PARTIAL DRAFT)

I've not progressed this story for some time, while I focus on other matters. I like what I've done so far, though, so I'll publish this half, and edit it when I've finished. 



Tara knew she was dreaming, but kept dreaming anyway. It was called ‘lucid dreaming’, and was something she had found herself doing a while after moving from Castlemaine to the big smoke of Melbourne.
She was floating on a … a plain, she guessed – looked like green grass, and a few hills in the distance. She turned, and saw Lil, one of her Guides, walking towards her with someone who looked like a Tibetan monk - bald head, robes, conservative. Lil, on the other hand, looked like a feisty young woman – jeans, crop top, short spiky hair – but black hair, not blonde.
Tara greeted her with pleasure: “Hey there, Lil.”
“Hey there, Tara” she replied, smiling. She turned and gestured towards the monk beside her, and said “Tara, I’d like you to meet Nangmye.”
Tara rolled her eyes, and said “Pleased, I’m sure. You lot never tire of putting on these images. Could you show me what you really look like, please?”
He smiled, bowed slightly, and said “Certainly.”
At that, his image wavered, and then transformed into a sphere of light. It was multi-coloured, with bands and areas of colour moving, some slow, some faster, and merging and changing. Above all, it was bright, and Tara flinched and shaded her eyes.
This was the aura of someone who was very evolved, and quite powerful.
After a moment, the sphere wavered, and transformed back in to the image of the monk.
“No”, protested Tara. “It’s OK, you don’t have to put on the image for me. I’ll cope OK.”
“Tara”, Nangmye replied calmly, “You’re not the only one here.”
She blinked, and then looked at Lil. Was the image for her benefit?
Lil sighed loudly, and then did the waver and change into a ball of light trick.
Tara blinked again.
“No it’s not for me, Tara.”
She was confused, it wasn’t for herself, and it wasn’t for Lil, so …?
“Yes, Tara,” Nangmye confirmed. “This image has a benefit for me.”
Tara tried to think it through, but gave up. At least she was glad that she had gotten used to those who guided her being able to discern her thoughts – she called it telepathy, but they said it was clairvoyance. At the time, she had simply accepted that, and moved on.
“Sir, would you please explain what benefit?”
He beamed back at her, and replied warmly “Tara, you can use my name – or rather, the label I use for this image, which is, as you know” – he gesture towards Lil, still in her ball of light shape – “Nangmye.”
He paused thoughtfully, and then continued “Otherwise, I shall have to call you … ‘Madam’.”
Tara shuddered, and replied quickly, as Lil laughed – how does a ball of light do that? - “No, Nangmye, that won’t be necessary, thank you.”
He smiled and continued, as Lil’s laughter slowed to burbles of chuckling.
“You know what a key is?”
Tara nodded and, at his nod, expanded with “A key is something that helps us achieve something. Often that something is unlocking a door, but magickally, a key can be something that changes our consciousness.”
“Yes, yes. You could say, a magickal key is a key to a different state of consciousness.”
Tara nodded, and replied to Nangmye’s request for examples with a few. When she listed a change of clothes, Nangmye interrupted with “Or a change of entire image”, and did the ball of light then Tibetan monk thing again.
“Huh” Tara commented, eloquently.
“Yes, Tara” Nangmye smiled. “This image helps me shift into my teacher mode, as opposed to one of my many other modes” – and he briefly flitted through a range of other images, some male, some female.
“I, on the other hand,” commented Lil the Ball of Light, “have fewer roles, and thus less need of an image, and am just as feisty and comfortable in this image as the other.”
She bobbed slightly, and Tara felt both of them looking intently at her.
She sighed.
“Look I don’t know what it is that you think I should be doing and realising here, but I miss my image of Lil. I like her, and can relate to her.”
“And that, Tara, is why I do the image thing for you – and gladly. But first, Nangmye would like to illustrate something for you.”
As Lil the Ball of Light bobbed slightly up and down, as if in an imperceptible breeze, Tara looked expectantly at Nangmye.
He nodded, and pointed to a couple of swirls of colour on the surface of Lil the Ball of Light.
“These patterns and colours indicate Lil’s pleasure at your realisation.”
He changed into the ball of light form and asked “Can you see some similar patterns when I am in this form?”
She could and nodded, and sighed with relief as they both turned back into images of people.
Lil laughed again.



TO BE CONTINUED