Thursday 30 April 2015

Post No. 696 - Autumn, and ... a secret

One of the things that has been quite nice in the last few weeks is the refreshing cool, the colours and the relaxation (to me) of autumn. It is one of my favourite times of the year, and, when I came back to Melbourne in the 1980s, I had visions of spending autumn and winter sitting in front of an open fireplace, looking at the rain outside, and reading. Well, I have to keep working to the point of exhaustion to pay the bills, so my sitting time is limited, and air pollution means open fireplaces aren't acceptable here in the city anymore, and because I'm in the city there is a limit to how open I can leave the blinds without losing privacy ... but I'm getting most of the benefits - including hail and wind, as well as rain :)

One of the other nice things of late is the TV series "Forever". The premise of the show is that the lead character is immortal. He can be killed, but immediately comes back to life - in water, and without clothes. Keeping that as a secret is one of the sources of dramatic tension in the series, particularly the episode I watched last night ("Social Engineering). Well, I also have a secret: although my body is mortal, my soul, along with everyone else's, is immortal. Oops. Now the secret - well, a secret, one of many, is out :)