Tuesday 15 October 2019

Post No. 1,432 - Reading

I finally found a book on CE-5 contact. For ethical reasons, I decline to have a so-called "smart" phone for my personal use (the company I work for, however, just gives you one for work purposes - no questions asked or arguments brooked ☺ ), so I've never been able to access the apps that so many people have lazily and inaccurately assumed (and this IS a form of discrimination) everyone has assumed is all they need to make available (which is equally as galling, unfair and unprincipled as those who assume using only one form of social media is all that is needed to communicate).

There are, of course, unquestioned advantages to apps (the creations made this way cannot, in many cases [not all] be made available via lap tops / PCs, partly for technical reasons, partly for financial) - and I can't deny being tempted to skewer my principles (such as commitment to ending child slavery and conflict minerals - which phone manufacturers are now working on) on the sword of personal convenience, but so far I have held true.

Be that as it may, going back to what I was starting this post with: I've found a book on CE-5.

It is "A CE-5 Handbook: An Easy-To-Use Guide to Help You Contact Extraterrestrial Life" by Cielia Hatch and Mark Koprowski (pub. Calgary CE-5 Group, 2018, paperback ISBN 978-1999425500, Amazon).

A lot of this is background that is available through other sources, but there is also some good, common sense information on group dynamics and the like. On the other hand, where it veers into conspiracy territory, I get wary - partly because I know so many politicians and how well intentioned and genuine they are, and partly because I know of the impracticality of trying to run a secret matter in most of government organisation - true, there may be a small group at higher levels and in small parts of the military, but the impression that is created of a large, well-organised and malicious conspiracy is, in my opinion, less likely than simple human bias, scepticism and discrimination.

Other than that, however, the book is good.

Next, Arith Härger has a video on the pre-neochristian Scandinavian concept of Hel - not the neochristian hell. The video is useful both for its provision of archaeological-evidence based in formation on  Hel, and on the pernicious and ubiquitous biasing influence of neochristianity.

And finally, John Beckett has a post on the changes in the Pagan world which have seen the demise of a major US Pagan festival: as usual, a thoughtful piece well worth reading and reflecting on.