Sunday 20 October 2019

Post No. 1,434 - Reading and reflection

On the reading front, I came across one article that I considered might be of interest to others. It is:
I also came across some books that I added to my wishlist, which may be of interest to others:

Work on my humans, humanity, and human rights project is proceeding - slowly, and I am considering possibly starting a talismanic tetrahedron service via an email subscription or something like Patreon. Realistically, I doubt I will have the time and  energy for the latter, but I'm still going to spend some time thinking about it 😊 .

PS - I'm watching a YouTube video (at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW15VnkEmQ0) by a young boatbuilder who is rebuilding an old wooden yacht. In this episode, he his considering the question as to whether he has replaced so much material that the boat is now a new vessel. He makes a few good points, gets into philosophy and old mythology, and concludes that his boat is still the same.

I agree with him: the vessel is still the same, but my judgement is based on the non-physical energy being the same.

On the other hand, with regard to the example he gives of Theseus' ship, where so much replacement is done what is referred to s Theseus ship is physically brand new, but new techniques allow the old bits to be restored and reassembled, the restored version has lost its energetic continuity, in my opinion, and thus is a new vessel, albeit one with strong links to the original (which has new physical matter, but inside the etheric, and there by gradual replacement).


If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below, and theres also Instagram

Remember: we generally need to be more human being rather than human doing, to mind our MÓ•gan, and to acknowledge that all misgendering is an act of active transphobia/transmisia that puts trans+ lives at risk & accept that all insistence on the use of “trans” as a descriptor comes with commensurate use of “cis” as a descriptor to prevent “othering” (just as binary gendered [men’s and women’s] sporting teams are either both given the gender descriptor, or neither).

Copyright © Kayleen White 2007-2024     NO AI   I do not consent to any machine learning aka Artificial Intelligence (AI), generative AI, large language model, machine learning, chatbot, or other automated analysis, generative process, or replication program to reproduce, mimic, remix, summarise, or otherwise  replicate any part of this post or other posts on this blog via any means. Typos may be inserrted deliberately to demonstrate this is not an AI product.     Otherwise, fair and reasonable use is accepted under Creative Commons 4.0 on an Attribution-ShareAlike basis https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/