Monday 20 January 2020

Post No. 1,482 - Reading - and Writing

I've realised  - again - that why I don't like most writing about using magick for activism is that it is focused on using that magick solely as a supplement to physical world activism.

Physical world activism is crucial to changing the world, and magick can aid that - but magick can be so much more.

Magick can accomplish change - including change that can't be covered by laws - in its own right.

That change can be for "good" (BPM) or "bad" (nonBPM).

When we ignore that potentiality of magick, we make it more likely that the magick will be for nonBPM outcomes.

I've been trying to address this shortcoming, mainly through the Tara Dale chronicles, but it is difficult, as I have to earn enough of a living to support myself and others, and several of us have medical issues to address. Maybe if I ever retire, I can speed that up.

Anyway, in the meantime, I've had a go at quickly belting out a first draft of the sort of story I want to be able to read, and you can find it at https://musingsofkayleen.blogspot.com/2020/01/a-ranger-patrol.html.

Some other reading I've come across that I'm going to recommend is: