Friday 21 August 2015

Post No. 745 - Cross Posting: The Pain of the World

First posted here, at one of my other blogs, this poem was written about the fact that the pain, despair, etc that others experience in the world will have an effect on people, whether they acknowledge or are aware of it or not.

To the sensitive
- the psychic, the medium,
the pain of the world ...
well, tis a real thing
- a constant pain, a niggle
the savagery of pain
of hunger and thirst,
of poverty and despair,
dulled by distance
and the soup
of other life energies
to that of an aching tooth.

To the others
the poisoned tooth's
still there,
but dulled to oblivion
by shields of denial. 

Copyright © Kayleen White, 2015 (where this date is different to the year of publication, it is because I did the post some time ago and then used the scheduling feature to delay publication) I take these photographs and undertake these writings – and the sharing of them – for the sake of my self expression. I am under no particular illusions as to their literary or artistic merit, and ask only that any readers do not have any undue expectations. If you consider me wrong, then publish me – with full credit and due financial recompense, of course :)