Wednesday 21 April 2010

Post No. 107 - A personal reaction: I am Sam (film)

I've nealy finished watching the 2001 film "I am Sam" (these things can take some time in my house with breaks for cuppas etc). I found the film moving, although I can see why critics would consider it sentimental. One thing it did remind me of, though, is that I have often thought I was truly blest a few years ago to have a friend who had Aspergers: this friend's questions prompted me to critique my life and society, and gain a deeper understanding as a result.

(Their cooking was pretty good, too :) )

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr

Tags: cross-fertilisation (ideas), attitudes, awareness, perspective, daily life, discrimination, personal characteristics, personal responsibility, philosophy, Aspergers, disability, family, parenting,

First published: Wednesday 21st April, 2010

Last edited: Wednesday 21st April, 2010