Sunday 22 May 2011

Post No. 272 - Semantics theatre and other Sunday thoughts

It has been longer and harder than usual this last month or so for a range of reasons. One of those reasons has been that my partner has had a series of meetings here for a committee that she is on. They were important meetings, dealing with some contentious matter that I still don't know of, going for up to six hours. As they were in the house we share, I have had to do an enormous of energy work - work done partly with a view to helping the meetings progress smoothly and effectively, and partly with a view to keeping my home in a reasonable energetic state.

It has been utterly exhausting - for both of us

What hasn't helped this - for me - is that part of our household was locked away during this process. Partly for their sakes, and partly because of the incompetence of some cretins with doors (some doors were not shut properly after the first of these meetings, and thus some of our indoor cats escaped for a short time - and my back was injured getting them back inside) - or possibly because they refuse to accept other people's rules under their roofs (they certainly made a few jokes, probably thinking no-one could here them), our cats and dog were locked away. Whenever that happens, as a matter of principle to demonstrate that they are of equal value to humans, I share the cats incarceration.

However, every cloud has a silver lining. In this case, I found a visualisation that was quite effective at concentrating positive energy into the locked-off room where these mysterious meetings were being held. I brought in a beam of light from the Universe - which ,for convenience, I perceive as being from above, then, just above the meeting room, I split it into three beams to form the sides of a tetrahedron, with a fourth part continuing directly into the meeting room. Where the three beams met Mother Earth, Her energies blended with the Universe's energies and formed the corners of the base of the tetrahedron, with some of the energy forming beams around the edges of the tetrahedron, and others radiating from the corners to join the original part from the Universe, thus concentrating a great deal of energy into the centre of the tetrahedron, where the meeting was being held.

It worked quite well - I even had a perception of a "humming" sound, a bit like that associated with UFOs (listen to the space city in the final meeting in the film "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" to get an idea of this sound).

So now, let's move on to other matters.

The undue, active influence of the world of commerce
I consider this world to be far too materialistic. Some of this is due to the inherent desires of many - not all - people, but some of it is due to the influence of the world of commerce. I have heard leaders of that world claim that they do not influence people, they "just" provide what is desired by people.

Well, that is a lie: those same leaders indulge in advertising aimed at the vulnerable (look at fast food and smoking advertising), and they actively lobby governments to make laws that make their aims of making a profit easier.

I am happy for commerce to make a fair profit - after, I work in that field, and it is what enables me to support my family.

But there comes a time when enough is enough: I read recently something about life in the alleged inner surface of the earth (i.e., the idea that the earth is hollow, which is something I am working on a post about - and is something I have doubts about, which I will discuss in that post): the point that struck me, though, is that in this world people work on a volunteer basis for around 20 hours per week. I've read elsewhere that hunter gatherers average (there is seasonal variation) around 25 to 30 hours a week. That all suggests that the current 40 to 70 hours (or more) people work is too much ...

Maybe the people in the world of commerce need to start lobbying for a serious reduction in the hours of work they expect people to do ...

Semantics theatre
One of the things my partner and I have discussed of late is the USA's "zero tolerance" approach to crime - which, for the record, I consider a problem. It puts more people in jail, and may contribute to a feeling of security for the middle classes, but it does nothing to address the causes of crime. In other words, it is just more security theatre.

Something that I've come across is people taking a similar attitude towards human rights matters. One of my past bosses in particular, a truly nasty human being with a superficial veneer of trying to be a father figure, would respond to me raising human rights issues by trying to take control. He would more or less try to create a "zero tolerance" workplace, and then aim to use to "cut down" those from minorities who were trying to improve the situation of those who were invisible or otherwise discriminated against. So, my experience of "zero tolerance" is that it is a tool used by bigots to try to re-establish their environment in such a way that lip service - and no more - is given to human rights issues.

My partner puts this more nicely: she calls it "semantics theatre" ...

Spiritualist College
Something I came across recently is that the spiritualist movement in the UK has a college for training: the Arthur Findlay College, named after Arthur Findlay, who was significant in early spiritualism, and the newspaper Psychic News and also a founder of the International Institute for Psychical Research.

Their curriculum is interesting:
I also found a Wikipedia link which, in part, addresses the type of healing I use: see energy medicine.

New crystal book from respected author
Now, I should make it clear that the "respected" means respected by me: I don't know what your opinion will be, nor that of others. The author is Katrina Raphael, whose writings include the Earth Star, Causal, Stellar Gate and Solar Gate chakras which form part of my 13 chakra system (13 ... one for each full moon of the year ... hmmm ... have no idea if there is any significance to that :) ), as well as some good instruction on types of crystals and ways of doing layouts.

She has a website which advertises on line courses, and also her books, including the fourth one, "Crystalline Illumination". I'm looking forward to getting a copy from my local crystal shop ...

Young people
I did some shopping during this Sunday of reflection, and particularly noted the disinterested, vapid, vacuous states of the young teenagers who served me - not even a "have a nice day", let alone a "hi, how are you?" Obviously, they've been pushed into this terrible thing called work by parents who - gasp! shock! horror! - actually care about the apprenticeship - as my partner puts it - those young people are undergoing :)

Some ancient Greek philosopher described young people as rude, lazy, etc, etc, etc - it sounds like the sorts of complaints often made about the young now, and is often trotted out to say "well, hey, they're actually all right - it's not worse than it was".

Well, maybe it is actually worse - if you take the right timeframe :)

Something that has been written about is that we have a "stone age biology", which affects our eating habits. We crave sugar, salt and fat because, in hunter-gatherer lifestyles, those foods are rare, but have excellent survival value. Now, in our sedentary, over-catered for lifestyles (in most - not all - of the developed world!), that same desire becomes a problem leading to heart problems, diabetes, etc, etc, etc.

Well, I think something similar applies to the teenage years. In hunter gatherer lifestyles, teenagers would be hunting, gathering, and possibly even marrying or starting families. That gave teenagers lots of outlets which are now lacking. That's not to say we necessarily should try giving teenagers similar levels of responsibility - today's world is far more complex and challenging, in my opinion, than when your greatest danger was "simply" whether or not you would have enough food to get through the winter. Doubt that? Have a look at modern stress levels, and compare them to, say, traditional Australian aboriginal stress levels.

Going back to teenagers, maturity is something I have written about previously (e.g. see here, here and here), and my opinion is that many so-called adults in today's societies are not mature. However, that isn't necessarily the issue: the issue is, can the person survive on their own, withOUT the nurturing, protectiona and care of their parents? If they can, and that includes being financially independent, they're entitled to be an adult. If they can't, they're still a child.

Across the road from our house is a Greek family. The son is in his 30s, and still living with his parents. As far as I am concerned, he is not an adult.

Going back to attitudes and behaviour, I consider many young people to be presumptuous (i.e., what is yours is mine, what is mine is mine), rude, self centered, egotistical, highly arrogant brats. I should know - I was cursed with some of this as well (not all, by the way, which is why I feel very comfortable objecting to those morons who claim that "all young people experiment with getting drunk, or being rebellious"). The problems are, however, worse now because of the spread of things like "helicopter parenting", in my opinion. We need, as a society, to stop thinking that caring excludes discipline, and maybe even consider options to ensure the state of teenagers is assessed objectively.

If we don't, things will largely continue as they've been - status quo. I personally, however, would like to see this world become a better place.


And now, 'tis time to go and start the next week's drudgery ... however, may your week, dear Reader, be blest :)

Love, light, hugs and blessings

Gnwmythr
(pronounced "new-MYTH-ear")

Tags: energy work, visualisation, respect, disrespect, materialism, spiritualism, chakras, crystals, youth, communication,

First published: Sunnudagr, 22nd May, 2011

Last edited: Sunday, 22nd May, 2011